Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Workshop: Katy "t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m" copypasta

Last posted Jan 16, 2013 at 04:21PM EST. Added Jan 14, 2013 at 08:42PM EST
9 posts from 6 users

I noticed we do not have an entry for this old copypasta:

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meetrandom ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me bein random again _ hehe…toodles!!!!!
love and waffles,
t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Anyone know much about this one? ED and OhInternet claim it came about in 2007. It appears like it is still referenced on sites like Reddit when shaming the "so random" style of humor.

OhInternet entry
Encyclopedia Dramatica entry

Last edited Jan 14, 2013 at 08:43PM EST

A 13 year old girl named Katy surfed on the internet and she thought that she would surf to sites, which are suited for her randomness. She found the /b/-board (I broke the Internet Rule btw) and posted this text.
Because of 4chan's popularity, the text has been copypasted on many Forum sites.

I don't see this very often on 4chan. When I have, it is usually received with annoyance and accusations of being 'new'. Yes it is copypasta, but I have been seeing much more of "it was my privilege" pasta as of late. I have not seen an entry for it here. I doubt that the katy pasta could be considered a true meme in this context.

btw, gi97ol, Rules 1 and 2 do not apply all the time. Only during activities like trolling and raids outside of /b/ does it apply. For reference material, like this, it is fine to mention /b/.

Last edited Jan 15, 2013 at 03:13PM EST

There are plenty of old copypastas which have yet received an entry, and as the older members of 4chan mostly moved on whereas newer members kept joining, many of these classics have been forgotten. One I have been recently reminded of again was the Ken-Sama copypasta, one that is certainly popular even though it lacks pages on for example ED.

Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama

I'm a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

@SesquiAR

Those types of posts might belong in Check Your Privelege. These privelege lists have made their rounds on 4chan as well, and it wouldn't suprise me if these "It was my privilege" posts are related to that.

As for the Katy copypasta: As Don said it's an old one, but that doesn't take away the fact that we don't have it documented (yet), which is what this thread is for.

Last edited Jan 15, 2013 at 03:42PM EST

@SesuiAR: I've seen those copypastas as well. Do you know how they got started?

@RandomMan: great call on Ken-Sama. Do you think there is enough info out there to get an entry going?

I unfortunately don't know how they got started, but I do know that they have had a revival as of late. It's a few years old, (according to some comments) but they are well received. What I do know is that they are a reaction to radical feminists who often tell 'cis scum' to "check your privilege". /b/ros then made a connection to gentlemen of decades past, including Sinatra, Bond, and Connery. They took the honor these men had and phrases they likely used and combined them into a hyperbole where a normal situation of a gentleman being chivalrous and helpful is turned into a brutal 'rape' (using the definition that radical feminists have created) filled with oppression and savagery through the storytelling methods. It seems that the writers draw off of epic poetry in the level of detail.

In all cases, the simple situation (paying for a dinner, picking up books, holding open a door, buying a drink, etc.) leaves the women in tears, crumpled on the ground, crushed by the 'oppression' and the gentleman uttering the words "it was my privilege" in a cruel irony as the final line.

I don't know of much spread, but I do not frequent FJ, reddit, tumblr, or 9gag. Then again, it seems to be tailored to the trolling and symbolism that /b/ and Anonymous have. I'll see if I can get any more info. Hope this helps.

RandomMan wrote:

There are plenty of old copypastas which have yet received an entry, and as the older members of 4chan mostly moved on whereas newer members kept joining, many of these classics have been forgotten. One I have been recently reminded of again was the Ken-Sama copypasta, one that is certainly popular even though it lacks pages on for example ED.

Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama

I'm a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

@SesquiAR

Those types of posts might belong in Check Your Privelege. These privelege lists have made their rounds on 4chan as well, and it wouldn't suprise me if these "It was my privilege" posts are related to that.

As for the Katy copypasta: As Don said it's an old one, but that doesn't take away the fact that we don't have it documented (yet), which is what this thread is for.

There is no doubt that this is related to Check Your Privilege. However, they are making fun of the constant uttering of that phrase by radical feminists through hyperbole, irony, and satire. I think the two should be linked, but It Was My Privilege would probably fit better as a separate entry, especially if people want to look it up.

I have seen the Ken-Sama pasta before, but I think it has been a long time since it has been posted to 4chan. Not to say it doesn't exist elsewhere, but it's pretty much dead to /b/ at least. Might be a 'legacy' entry.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!