Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,407 total conversations in 3,331 threads

+ New Thread


Sticky Sticky
Confirm Suggestions

Last posted Jun 16, 2014 at 04:13PM EDT. Added Jan 16, 2013 at 01:59PM EST
57 posts from 34 users

As the topic reads, what do you believe are entries that really deserve that confirm status?

The mods had their share of discussions and confirms on this as well. Issue is that we’re a small group, which makes it a risk that these discussions often end up dead. And even we don’t have perfect knowledge on memes, and enough quality might slip below the radar. I’m however not going to share the details about these discussions on purpose. That way we can get an idea of what people think are good entries without us giving them hints.

Please share why you think that entry deserves a confirm as well. If it’s a confirm-worthy meme but the entry is simply not up to current entry standards yet, mention that as well. Who knows, you might just be able to convince us.

Last edited Jan 16, 2013 at 02:03PM EST
Jan 16, 2013 at 01:59PM EST
Quote

Tumblr Ask Blogs

They’re certainly popular enough, and do have their own thriving communities, but the article needs some work done on it to bring it up to standard. Some the resources are also out of date (11 & 16).

I’ll mention that there does seem to be an entire mass of very popular ask blogs dedicated to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. With its popularity, the Tumblr Ask Blogs need to at least be updated, or they need their own sub-meme under MLP. A big point of the original generations was to buy the pony toys and just make up your own stories about them. This seems to fit in very well with that idea, but in a more modern sense.


I don’t know much about it, but I’ll go ahead and say it.. Bad Luck Brian probably needs confirmed.

Last edited Jan 16, 2013 at 04:58PM EST
Jan 16, 2013 at 04:35PM EST
Quote

Bad Luck Brian is kept in submissions on purpose, due to his, well, bad luck.

Jan 16, 2013 at 04:42PM EST
Quote

The entry for MUGEN seems solid to me right now.
Miku Miku Dance. is in a similar state.
THE iDOL@STER is also ready to be confirmed in my opinion.

I am guessing if anything is missing or wrong about the entries it will be pointed out here, but they have just sat in limbo for too long.

Last edited Jan 16, 2013 at 08:31PM EST
Jan 16, 2013 at 08:30PM EST
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.
Last edited Feb 06, 2013 at 08:12PM EST
Jan 17, 2013 at 07:34PM EST
Quote

@gi97ol

That moment when half the entries you listed has been created or has been worked on by you. At least give a reason why you think the entries you posted should be confirmed.

Jan 17, 2013 at 08:09PM EST
Quote

VanManner wrote:

@gi97ol

That moment when half the entries you listed has been created or has been worked on by you. At least give a reason why you think the entries you posted should be confirmed.

Might I add that I randomly clicked a bunch of the links, and several of them need serious work. Sure, he said to post ones that need work, but it implied ones that are near ready. However, at least one entry on that list is Deadpooled and shows no internet relevance in the article, several are stubs, and one (I can’t remember which) is extremely poorly formatted AND has autoplay music on it.

Jan 17, 2013 at 09:00PM EST
Quote

Maybe this thread should be sticked as well as featured?

But then again, I have a seeking suspicion that it will be ignored most of the time so it won’t matter anyways. =_=;;

Last edited Jan 18, 2013 at 05:44PM EST
Jan 18, 2013 at 05:43PM EST
Quote

BUMP
I hope this thread will be more useful for you guys.

Since I’ve already concerned to many of entries you recommend as an editor, I can’t push a confirmation of them in Mod’s discussions, unfortunately.

All what I can do is helping some of your wishes by editing.

@gi97ol
You shouldn’t be so greedy. hahaha.

Speaking of your list, I think you can give enough quality to Renard Queenston and his song entries since those are your favorite YTPMV-related entries.

Would you mind join onto them? I’ll assist your work as possible as I can.

@Natsuru Springfield
Thanks for your contributions to those 2 entries:)

I guess MMD needs a bit more work to complete submission. I’ll work on it later.
As to THE iDOLM@STER, we had better complete submitting all child entries at first. Then, let’s edit the entry as the umbrella for them.

Jan 31, 2013 at 05:55PM EST
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

BUMP
I hope this thread will be more useful for you guys.

Since I’ve already concerned to many of entries you recommend as an editor, I can’t push a confirmation of them in Mod’s discussions, unfortunately.

All what I can do is helping some of your wishes by editing.

@gi97ol
You shouldn’t be so greedy. hahaha.

Speaking of your list, I think you can give enough quality to Renard Queenston and his song entries since those are your favorite YTPMV-related entries.

Would you mind join onto them? I’ll assist your work as possible as I can.

@Natsuru Springfield
Thanks for your contributions to those 2 entries:)

I guess MMD needs a bit more work to complete submission. I’ll work on it later.
As to THE iDOLM@STER, we had better complete submitting all child entries at first. Then, let’s edit the entry as the umbrella for them.

Yes, I would mind. Thanks! I’ll request editorship.

Feb 02, 2013 at 05:02AM EST
Quote

I know this may sound too soon, but I feel like Boardroom Suggestions should be confirmed. You guys confirmed IKEA Monkey in a month.

Feb 02, 2013 at 06:04PM EST
Quote

VanManner wrote:

For me, I think Marisa Stole the Precious Thing should be confirmed. All it needs is a small rewrite and a rearrangement of the videos. Well, in my opinion, that is.

Agreed. Let me know if you want to jump on it.

Feb 11, 2013 at 07:27PM EST
Quote

Thank you for your suggestions. We’ve finished updating “Boardroom Suggestions” and “Marisa stole the precious thing” to be ready for confirmation.

Please wait a little until they appear on the frontpage.

Last edited Feb 13, 2013 at 04:27PM EST
Feb 13, 2013 at 04:27PM EST
Quote

I have a thread suggestion for you.
Why don’t we release a “Deadpool Suggestions” thread?
What do you think?

Feb 14, 2013 at 08:32PM EST
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

I have a thread suggestion for you.
Why don’t we release a “Deadpool Suggestions” thread?
What do you think?

No.

Feb 14, 2013 at 09:51PM EST
Quote

chowzburgerz wrote:

No.

Agreed. There will be no such thread. If you really take issue with an entry, use the suggestion form, or contact an admin or an entry mod via PM.

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:05AM EST
Quote

opspe wrote:

Agreed. There will be no such thread. If you really take issue with an entry, use the suggestion form, or contact an admin or an entry mod via PM.

Ok, thank you. I’ll do it like this.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:30AM EST
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

Would you please stop posting this when someone propose an entry.

Last edited Feb 18, 2013 at 08:24PM EST
Feb 18, 2013 at 08:09PM EST
Quote

I suggest a general look at the subcultures section in general. Before the requests, how many confirm votes is generally considered enough?

1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Subculture): The snarker in me sees it a bit embarassing when 2 of its sub memes (Kyubey and Headless Mami) are fully confirmed memes yet their origin is still in submission. ;)

2. War Hammer 40000 (subculture): A very detailed entry with lots of submemes and a large amount of confirm votes.

3. Usoda

4. Nipah

5. When They Cry (Subculture):

May 13, 2013 at 02:27AM EDT
Quote
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Dafuq. I made a thread just like this. And you shut it down, asshole.

May 13, 2013 at 07:24AM EDT

Bump

I’ve finished cleaning up Nipah. Fortunately, that already had enough info. But I couldn’t improve “Uso da!” because It is still lack of information. As I’m not good at English, I hope that someone who wants to confirm that entry searches its spreading on English-speaking web and add info about it.

Sadly, When They Cry subculture entry is nothing more than a scribble. We have to remake it from the scratch. I would like to leave this work for others. I’m not so interested in making sub entries.

Jun 04, 2013 at 06:39PM EDT
Quote

Google because it’s literately the most used website on the internet, and everything the company has done has gotten more than popular. It has roughly 12 memes that have something to do with it, and they own YouTube, reCAPTCHA, and Blogger which each have their own decent line of memes.

Jun 22, 2013 at 06:47PM EDT
Quote

It’s a bit silly that my entry King of GETs hasn’t been approved yet despite coming years before Doubles Guy, which has been approved. Multiple moderators have worked on editing the article, so I’m not sure if it’s a clean up issue. Any tips to make the article better would be appreciated.

Aug 11, 2013 at 05:25AM EDT
Quote

SHiNku wrote:

It’s a bit silly that my entry King of GETs hasn’t been approved yet despite coming years before Doubles Guy, which has been approved. Multiple moderators have worked on editing the article, so I’m not sure if it’s a clean up issue. Any tips to make the article better would be appreciated.

That’s undoubtly a case of needing clean up. Currently it’s way too long, and just a bunch of images with a small amount of text posted below each other, completely unorganised. Needs better overview.

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:07AM EDT
Quote

Topic resurrection go!

The YouTube article is in pretty awesome shape, and given the recent shitstorm over the Google+ integration, now may be a good time to Confirm the page.

Nov 13, 2013 at 07:16PM EST
Quote

Can I suggest that the Nightmare Fuel entry be confirmed? My reasoning comes from the fact that both the Creepypasta entry is confirmed and that humanity by it’s weird nature both likes and hates to find scary things on the web.

Last edited Nov 16, 2013 at 11:43PM EST
Nov 16, 2013 at 11:41PM EST
Quote

Attack on Titan is ready to be confirmed any day.

Nov 17, 2013 at 03:18PM EST
Quote

Spongebob and Deadpool (Marvel Comics). I didn’t bother to read through this whole thread so I don’t know if someone has suggested these before, but seriously, these need to be confirmed. They’re well researched, well written, and have decent spread. What more could you ask for in an article?

Jan 01, 2014 at 04:50PM EST
Quote

Ruthless Reaper wrote:

Spongebob and Deadpool (Marvel Comics). I didn’t bother to read through this whole thread so I don’t know if someone has suggested these before, but seriously, these need to be confirmed. They’re well researched, well written, and have decent spread. What more could you ask for in an article?

Deadpool must stay deadpooled. It keeps balance remained on the internet.

Jan 04, 2014 at 02:54AM EST
Quote

Not quite related to the thread, but I still have to ask: why does it take forever for so many pages to become confirmed? I can get it if it takes a few months (1-4), but some pages that are clearly up to the site’s standards have been unconfirmed for years.

Mar 31, 2014 at 02:12PM EDT
Quote

Kung Fu Cthulhu wrote:

Not quite related to the thread, but I still have to ask: why does it take forever for so many pages to become confirmed? I can get it if it takes a few months (1-4), but some pages that are clearly up to the site’s standards have been unconfirmed for years.

Also, some entries like the parent entry for MAD videos are confirmed, but need to be completely constructed.

Mar 31, 2014 at 02:19PM EDT
Quote

Ale urwal and niezapomniana 18 are two Polish meme entries I think could be confirmed with some minor edits. And they’re freaking huge (tons of videos and images with 100,000+, even 1,000,000+ views). Requesting interest in confirmation since this area of the web doesn’t get much attention (really any, to be honest).

edit: Forfiter needs more work than the other two, but it’s just as popular/widespread.

Last edited Apr 16, 2014 at 05:30AM EDT
Apr 15, 2014 at 10:47PM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

Confirm more Japanese Internet meme entries.

I’m seconding this. There are quite a few memes from the Eastern Internet that need to be confirmed!

Apr 16, 2014 at 01:35AM EDT
Quote

Confirm Gabe Newell , he has created many memes and is very popular in the world of gaming. The article is well researched and it has many references.

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:37AM EDT
Quote

One thing I don’t understand is sometimes an entry gets front paged with a “confirmed” heading, and yet it remains in submissions. One example is Lynndie England Pose, an entry I helped get out of the deadpool and it got front paged with the heading saying “confirmed”, yet it remained in submissions. Should it be confirmed still?

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:34AM EDT
Quote

Sometimes the admins either forget to confirm an entry or just put the wrong heading. The best thing to do is just ask them, and they’ll probably fix it.

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:19PM EDT
Quote

I’m really surprised the Street Fighter entry hasn’t been confirmed yet. However, I feel like now would be good time to confirm it since Ultra is coming out in about a month.

May 04, 2014 at 11:58PM EDT
Quote

Hey! You must login or signup first!