Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Philippe Dubost's Resume

Last posted Jan 29, 2013 at 01:03AM EST. Added Jan 27, 2013 at 09:14PM EST
5 posts from 3 users

I would like to try and get a page up and running for this fake Amazon.com page which has been going viral on Twitter and recently made the news.

Here's a bit of the story:

Dubost, a web product manager, built a webpage that is a near-perfect ringer for an Amazon.com product page, with himself as the product. You can check out his dimensions (186 centimeters), select language (he's trilingual), add him to your cart (which brings up a contact form), or even purchase related products like an airline ticket and some Asics (he's a runner, it seems). And, of course, you can read his customer reviews. They average five stars, of course, but there are a surprising number of one-star ratings--"lots of ex-girlfriends," Dubost explained via Twitter.

The page has gone viral, pushing the limits of Dubost's server capacity, and he had to fix his contact form after the number of submissions exceeded the cap for his free account with online form-builder Wufoo.

Does anyone know more about this than I do? (My knowledge is basically limited to what's in that article.) And is anyone interested in helping? If so, I can get a page up pretty quickly.

I just threw up a page for it. I will get to improving it as soon as I can (I am leaving the country in a few days, so I am rather swamped). Feel free to request editorship.

Edit: trying to get a Google Trends graph up, but the service won't load for me. Not sure why.

Last edited Jan 28, 2013 at 06:27PM EST

This guy is full of win. What an awesome idea for a creative resume!
I'll maybe help out around the entry, if there's anything I see that I can do.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!