Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,858 total conversations in 3,396 threads

+ New Thread


We don't have a Big Rigs entry?

Last posted Feb 23, 2013 at 05:52PM EST. Added Feb 04, 2013 at 01:34PM EST
23 posts from 13 users


Seriously, I’ve been searching and there’s no article about it on this site.

If you don’t know what this game is, I feel pity for you. A bit of gameplay for the uninitiated.

Considered the worst game of all time, Big Rigs is famous for its numerous glitches, such as reaching arbitrarily high speeds in reverse, driving through scenery, and the “YOU’RE WINNER” trophy, which is mentioned in the “A winner is you” article.

According to Metacritic, this is one of the worst rated games of all time.

Now, I’m not exactly sure when exactly this game started picking up steam in online communities, I’m guessing around the same time Gamespot published their review, found here.

Could I have a bit of help finding examples of spread, origin, and just how far this game’s reputation reaches? I’ve heard something about “Rigism” and a sequel flying around. But even without said knowledge, this game is infamous enough to be considered a meme, and is brought up whenever “worst games of all time” is brought up.

Feb 04, 2013 at 01:34PM EST
Quote

Other than “YOU’RE WINNER”, I don’t know of anything mematic that really came out of it.

Feb 04, 2013 at 02:09PM EST
Quote

to note: gamespot has never given a score that low to any other game, ever

are there any other games anyone know that can be classified as “so bad that it’s good”?

Last edited Feb 04, 2013 at 02:13PM EST
Feb 04, 2013 at 02:11PM EST
Quote

^ very true,

just because it’s THE WORST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME

doesn’t make it worth of being a confirmed meme

Feb 04, 2013 at 03:00PM EST
Quote

Kim Jong Is A Feminist wrote:

^ very true,

just because it’s THE WORST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME

doesn’t make it worth of being a confirmed meme

While I can see your point, you must realize that this is the My Immortal of gaming. Pretty much always brought up when terrible games are discussed, and the previously mentioned “You’re Winner” is referenced quite a lot.

Last edited Feb 20, 2013 at 12:22PM EST
Feb 20, 2013 at 12:22PM EST
Quote

I’d just like to point out that the same guy who made Big Rigs went on to make the WarZ. A person entry for him mayhaps?

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:22PM EST
Quote

I remember seeing this game at my local commissary where I used to live by, the place was selling the game and I was curious and or wanted to try it sense I liked trucked so much. But my older brother told me it was a terrible idea, he did not specify why either.
But, hay thanks to this video I know why and how:

Last edited Feb 20, 2013 at 01:26PM EST
Feb 20, 2013 at 01:05PM EST
Quote

The fact that they were actually selling this thing should be considered a crime. I’m not even joking. Anyone who bought this was literally robbed of his money.

Feb 20, 2013 at 01:24PM EST
Quote

I always thought “YOU’RE WINNER!” Would eventually become a meme. I’m not sure about the whole game though.

At the very least give “YOU’RE WINNER” some consideration.

Feb 20, 2013 at 03:04PM EST
Quote

!!

I would have to say yes. Sergey Titov, the man behind this game is also made the guy who planned (“created” implies that the game was finished) War Z, of course there’s the “You’re Winner” sub-entry, and this game has recieved some of the lowest scores ever given by gaming criticism websites.
Also there’s the fact that it’s totally impossible to lose because the other cars don’t even move off the finish line.

Feb 20, 2013 at 05:23PM EST
Quote

Well, Big Rigs is quite infamous for more than typos, for starters the code was far from being even a beta test, only 3 stages where playable, in reality only 2 because the third one crashes the game if not the whole OS; the rest is history and many reviewers already pointed out how awful the game is, and the patch later released did nothing for the game at all.

as for Big Rigs being an entry, i think is easier to have an article for infamous games or else later we will have various entries barely filled with documentation

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:37PM EST
Quote

Uboa wrote:

Well, Big Rigs is quite infamous for more than typos, for starters the code was far from being even a beta test, only 3 stages where playable, in reality only 2 because the third one crashes the game if not the whole OS; the rest is history and many reviewers already pointed out how awful the game is, and the patch later released did nothing for the game at all.

as for Big Rigs being an entry, i think is easier to have an article for infamous games or else later we will have various entries barely filled with documentation

The thing is, while many games have horrid reputations, Big Rigs is unique because of the oddness of it.

Unlike Superman, which is just plain bad, Big Rigs is hilariously bad, with no physics, ridiculous glitches, and a general lack of sense behind the whole thing. Big Rigs is synonymous with laughably bad entertainment, and as I’ve said before is much alike to My Immortal or Agony in Pink. While sure, there are other terrible fanfics and games, Big Rigs and My Immortal are unique in their special flavour of bad. Nothing else is as nonsensical, odd, or horrendous as they are.

Let’s face it, you can’t think of any other games that let you drive a semi truck through buildings and bridges going around 700MPH in reverse, eventually making your way out of the playable area and driving into the skybox.

Feb 20, 2013 at 06:48PM EST
Quote

Superman 64 is just bad.

Man vs Wild is an adventure unlike any other.

Feb 20, 2013 at 07:18PM EST
Quote

http://knowyourmeme.com/blog/white-papers/so-bad-its-good

I have no idea what’s up with the video games hub entry or where it’s going.
Instead, could a subculture entry work for popular/infamous/notorious video games and memorable moments in gaming history?
Unless it would be trying to cover too much under a single entry, a few broad topic examples could include:
games notable for negative reception; video game logic; controversial/offensive games and debate on sex/violence; extremely difficult games, levels, bosses; bad voice acting lines; glitches (Tiger Woods 09 FIFA 12 just to name a couple); record selling/grossing franchises; etc.
Some topics may have enough for their own sub-entries.

We have a lot of video game related entries floating out there (to name a few): Nope.avi, Leeroy Jenkins, GAME OVER YEAH!, All Your Base Are Belong To Us, QWOP, MissingNo., Mass Effect 3 Endings Reception, Wombo Combo, etc.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:07PM EST
Quote

ri wrote:

http://knowyourmeme.com/blog/white-papers/so-bad-its-good

I have no idea what’s up with the video games hub entry or where it’s going.
Instead, could a subculture entry work for popular/infamous/notorious video games and memorable moments in gaming history?
Unless it would be trying to cover too much under a single entry, a few broad topic examples could include:
games notable for negative reception; video game logic; controversial/offensive games and debate on sex/violence; extremely difficult games, levels, bosses; bad voice acting lines; glitches (Tiger Woods 09 FIFA 12 just to name a couple); record selling/grossing franchises; etc.
Some topics may have enough for their own sub-entries.

We have a lot of video game related entries floating out there (to name a few): Nope.avi, Leeroy Jenkins, GAME OVER YEAH!, All Your Base Are Belong To Us, QWOP, MissingNo., Mass Effect 3 Endings Reception, Wombo Combo, etc.

But again, Big Rigs is a special case in that it’s a game that few others have matched in terms of disbelief that a game so bad could exist.

While not the only bad game, it’s bad to the point where it’s the poster boy of all bad games.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:29PM EST
Quote

well, Big Rigs is just incomplete and neglected and there is nothing remarkable out of that, i agree KYM deserves a gallery or a space for this kind of big time mess ups but i don’t think Big Rigs deserves it’s own entry because what makes it different from other horrible games is that is just not complete not even with the patch, they tried to sell it and some how they did it but that doesn’t make it a complete game.

My point is you can’t say is the worst game of all time simply because is not a final product unlike Bubsy 3D, Superman N64 or DAIKATANA, you have to expect an horrible gameplay or faulty behavior at that state

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:24AM EST
Quote

You’re Wineer. . You Are The Winner. Good Job. You Won.

Feb 21, 2013 at 01:08AM EST

Uboa wrote:

well, Big Rigs is just incomplete and neglected and there is nothing remarkable out of that, i agree KYM deserves a gallery or a space for this kind of big time mess ups but i don’t think Big Rigs deserves it’s own entry because what makes it different from other horrible games is that is just not complete not even with the patch, they tried to sell it and some how they did it but that doesn’t make it a complete game.

My point is you can’t say is the worst game of all time simply because is not a final product unlike Bubsy 3D, Superman N64 or DAIKATANA, you have to expect an horrible gameplay or faulty behavior at that state

Yes, but again, Big Rigs has a special kind of infamy, just like My Immortal does. It’s its own special kind of train wreck.

Feb 23, 2013 at 01:30PM EST
Quote

McFordmanson wrote:

Yes, but again, Big Rigs has a special kind of infamy, just like My Immortal does. It’s its own special kind of train wreck.

The phrase “train wreck” is very ironic considering that it’s literally impossible to wreck your car in-game.

Feb 23, 2013 at 05:52PM EST
Quote
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!