Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,942 total conversations in 3,415 threads

+ New Thread

Supernatural

Last posted Mar 08, 2013 at 02:08AM EST. Added Mar 06, 2013 at 10:13PM EST
4 posts from 3 users

Been thinking about this subculture entry for awhile. Is anyone here an active participant in the Supernatural fandom? I’ve watched a few season 1 episodes but I never got really into it.

Mar 06, 2013 at 10:13PM EST

I’ve watched every single episode except for the most recent season (that I think it still airing?)
I also follow a lot of Supernatural blogs, so we can always go to them too, mhm

Mar 07, 2013 at 09:51AM EST

Yeah, the fandom is huuuuuuuuuuuge on tumblr, it’s the only member of the superwholock trifecta that we don’t have an entry on :(

Mar 07, 2013 at 01:02PM EST

Supernatural is very genre-aware and perhaps meme-aware. Pop culture references of up to date, (which is impressive considering the characters’ lifestyles) as is the slang. I know Dean has used “gank” from early on. In fact he’s more likely to say “let’s gank the sonofabitches” than “kill the sonofabitches”. Characters like Becky and Charlie (Felicia Day!) are good examples of call-outs, and even the characters’ catch-phrases are addressed in two episodes.

The show is also a very good source of reaction faces, such as “Misha crying” and Castiel walking into the lake. Overall, very GIFable.

Much of the fandom and tumblr devotion seems centered around shipping, which the show is hyper-aware of, but I do believe the show could be meme worthy.

Mar 08, 2013 at 02:08AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!