Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

It is a mystery

Last posted Apr 06, 2013 at 10:24PM EDT. Added Apr 06, 2013 at 09:42PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

Okay, I admit, this is just as much for my own curiosity as it is for potentially adding an entry to the database. Basically, I've been seeing it around tumblr, but I'm not sure if it's referential to anything, or where it started. The embedded video only has a couple hundred thousand views, and while that's a fair amount for a single video, I don't think it's the source of the meme.

It's a 4chan inside joke.

It's derived from this board: /z/

Then it disappeared and linked to a… beecock. The image is very nsfw, but is essentially a photo of a dick with stuff drawn on it.
Then that disappeared, and moot made the board redirect to that image, "it is a mystery"

… I think.
I forget the details.

edit: jk it's older than that, and is derived from SA: it is a mystery

But i do think it had some significance in 4chan history though, which makes sense seeing as 4chan was full of SA stuff at the time.

editedit: oh never mind, i remember. /z/ didn't disappear until later. /z/ was at first a lame, stupid board. Then later you got /z/-banned, which is getting redirected to /z/ from every other 4cha board, aka beecock, aka "OH NO THE BOARD IS GONE". Then when /z/ disappeared, /z/ redirected to "it is a mystery." Best I can remember it.

Last edited Apr 06, 2013 at 10:40PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!