So. I’ve been compiling ideas for some time about entries I wanted to start, or to confirm them as valid by the community. However, I lost a bit of motivation doing so over time and I’m quite busy IRL with my studies at the moment so I kept them close, in a file.
Aside from 3 French ones (unless some are interested in covering them), I think it’s a good idea to share them in a whole thread in order for people to pick what they want and, maybe, start an entry themselves so here they are:
- Sailor Bubba: Sailor Bubba is a Sailor Moon crossplayer who became famous around 1999 after photos of him were published on internet. In same vein as Man-Faye, he inspired a cult status online with fanarts, goodies (most popular being a bobble-head) and, as far as I could find, a legion of Sailor Bubba crossplayers.
- b0g.org: b0g was a peculiar website/forum, now defunct, which contained an awful amount of gore, maybe the center place for gore and creepy pictures and videos on the web, at the time. It was also known as one of the most controversial internet site, far above 4chan for instance, for its fucked up themes and utterly creepy community.
- Upyachka: УПЯЧКА is a Russian subculture existing since 2007 of Anonymous-like people hacking things, with their own logo of a stickman awkwardly dancing. Since most info is in Russian, it’s a bit hard to understand everything but it has been a prominent internet subculture in Russia.
- Chip-chan: Chip-Chan is a Korean woman who lived secluded in an apartment while constantly being set on security cameras. The cameras were viewable online, giving the opportunity for many people to stalk her. She became an intriguing theme for /x/ board around 2010 as people began speculating things about her, that she was in danger, paranoid, watched by an unknown party or part of an obscur plan/vast conspiracy.
- Al Gore: Al Gore as a person has been constantly made fun of as being the creator of internet. As a public figure, he has an enormous following online and may be considered a person entry here.
- Last measure: Last Measure was one of the most famous shock sites ever, created around 2005, which has got a mirror site now. To quote Urban Dictionary on what the site is about: