Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,737 total conversations in 3,379 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
meme posting.

Last posted Apr 20, 2013 at 12:38PM EDT. Added Apr 20, 2013 at 12:00PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

hi so im new to bieng a member on know your meme, i wanted to post one of memes but when i fill out an entry it has a red star next to the box that says “body” im not sure what that means, would someone be able to explain please? sorry for a such a silly question. peace

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:00PM EDT

This thread should help you out in terms of writing a meme entry. Also, I would highly suggest that you post about it in the Meme Research Forum before you actually create the entry. Otherwise, depending on the quality of the entry, you’re only going to be mocked. And that’s if anyone actually takes notice.

Regardless, welcome to KYM!

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:12PM EDT

Welcome, good sir (I assume you are a “sir.”)

I’ve moved your topic to the Meme Research forum, so those who work on entries can help you out a bit more.

Specific to your issue, it sounds like…you didn’t put anything in the body of your entry. The “Body” is where you give information about the meme. Without it, your entry will need a lot more work to be a submission and not be immediately deadpooled.

If there’s a red star by “Body,” then that probably means you didn’t put any text in there describing what the meme is about, what the origin of the meme is, what the notable instances are, any derivatives it may have, or other important information necessary for a decent entry.

If there’s anything an entry needs, it’s information in the Body. What do you know about the meme? It requires a lot of research for this site to make an entry for a meme. Others just require a few image uploads, but Know Your Meme can actually get to be a bit academic with how we document things (if my post right here isn’t indicative of that.)

Last edited Apr 20, 2013 at 12:27PM EDT
Apr 20, 2013 at 12:27PM EDT

Thank you both for helping me! both really helpful and i appreciate it :)

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:38PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!