Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

25,171 total conversations in 3,437 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
( ‾ʖ̫‾)

Last posted May 24, 2013 at 02:10PM EDT. Added Apr 24, 2013 at 09:27PM EDT
14 posts from 9 users

New smiley having a lot of answers on /b/ at the moment.
Waiting to see if it’s a false alarm, a troll attempt or a new smiley about to unfold.
Google yields some results as well, including twitter accounts reusing it, mainly Japanese-related.

Apr 24, 2013 at 09:27PM EDT
This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

stop
DO NOT START THIS AGAIN! NOBODY CAN BEAR ANOTHER ONE! OH, GOD! SOUND THE ALARM!

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:53PM EDT

Here’s a perfect representation of the internet if this catches on:

( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)( ‾ʖ̫‾)
Apr 25, 2013 at 12:03AM EDT

What the( ‾ʖ̫‾) did you just ( ‾ʖ̫‾) say about ( ‾ʖ̫‾), you little ( ‾ʖ̫‾)? ( ‾ʖ̫‾) have you know ( ‾ʖ̫‾) graduated top of my ( ‾ʖ̫‾) in the ( ‾ʖ̫‾) Seals, and ( ‾ʖ̫‾) been involved in numerous ( ‾ʖ̫‾) raids on ( ‾ʖ̫‾), and ( ‾ʖ̫‾) have over 300 confirmed ( ‾ʖ̫‾). ( ‾ʖ̫‾) am trained in ( ‾ʖ̫‾) warfare and ( ‾ʖ̫‾) the top ( ‾ʖ̫‾) in the entire ( ‾ʖ̫‾) armed forces. ( ‾ʖ̫‾) are nothing to ( ‾ʖ̫‾) but just another ( ‾ʖ̫‾). ( ‾ʖ̫‾) will wipe ( ‾ʖ̫‾) the ( ‾ʖ̫‾) out with ( ‾ʖ̫‾) the likes of which has never been ( ‾ʖ̫‾) before on this ( ‾ʖ̫‾), mark my ( ‾ʖ̫‾) words. ( ‾ʖ̫‾) think ( ‾ʖ̫‾) can get away with saying that ( ‾ʖ̫‾) to ( ‾ʖ̫‾) over the Internet? Think again, ( ‾ʖ̫‾). As ( ‾ʖ̫‾) speak ( ‾ʖ̫‾) am contacting my ( ‾ʖ̫‾) network of ( ‾ʖ̫‾) across the ( ‾ʖ̫‾) and your ( ‾ʖ̫‾) is being traced right now so ( ‾ʖ̫‾) better prepare for the ( ‾ʖ̫‾), ( ‾ʖ̫‾). The ( ‾ʖ̫‾) that wipes out the ( ‾ʖ̫‾) little thing ( ‾ʖ̫‾) call your ( ‾ʖ̫‾). You’re ( ‾ʖ̫‾) dead, ( ‾ʖ̫‾). I can be ( ‾ʖ̫‾), anytime, and I can ( ‾ʖ̫‾) you in over seven hundred ( ‾ʖ̫‾), and that’s just with my bare ( ‾ʖ̫‾). Not only am I extensively trained in ( ‾ʖ̫‾) combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States ( ‾ʖ̫‾) and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ( ‾ʖ̫‾) off the face of the continent, you little ( ‾ʖ̫‾). If only you could have known what unholy ( ‾ʖ̫‾) your little “( ‾ʖ̫‾)” comment was about to bring down upon ( ‾ʖ̫‾), maybe you would have held your ( ‾ʖ̫‾) tongue. But you ( ‾ʖ̫‾), you ( ‾ʖ̫‾), and now you’re paying the ( ‾ʖ̫‾), you goddamn ( ‾ʖ̫‾). I will ( ‾ʖ̫‾) fury all over ( ‾ʖ̫‾) and you will ( ‾ʖ̫‾) in it. You’re fucking ( ‾ʖ̫‾), kiddo.

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:22AM EDT

YES!

Apr 25, 2013 at 08:07AM EDT

Please refrain from posting in Research threads unless your comment in question contains information or relevant discussion of value.

Apr 25, 2013 at 08:19AM EDT

If this does become big, it probably belongs as a sub-entry or variation of the classic ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:22AM EDT

It seems to have died down pretty quickly, aside from some forums and places where the smiley has been spammed, quite.

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:25PM EDT

Who keeps pushing that little minus button? Obviously someone who thinks “Le Lenny Face” is still a thing?

Apr 25, 2013 at 06:17PM EDT

Le Bumpkin wrote:

Who keeps pushing that little minus button? Obviously someone who thinks “Le Lenny Face” is still a thing?

They just jelly of my ( ‾ʖ̫‾)
Up vote all the ( ‾ʖ̫‾)

Apr 26, 2013 at 02:26AM EDT

Derpy SJW wrote:

They just jelly of my ( ‾ʖ̫‾)
Up vote all the ( ‾ʖ̫‾)

Well that’s just silly ( ‾ʖ̫‾)

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:11PM EDT

Professor Metallica enjoys pencils. wrote:

This is Meme Research, not JFF. Posts are supposed to be constructive and actually contribute to the topic. Not to mention you just bumped this thread with a single image right when it was about to be auto-locked. Locking.

May 24, 2013 at 02:10PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!