Forums / Meme Research

20,474 total conversations in 3,313 threads

+ New Thread

If i found a meme not in here

Last posted Apr 27, 2013 at 10:02PM EDT. Added Apr 27, 2013 at 06:19PM EDT
6 conversations with 5 participants

How would i find history about it? Like the rainbow puke guy in rage comics.

Apr 27, 2013 at 06:19PM EDT

Good question. We probably have an article on it, but there’s a chance that we don’t (or it’s impossible to find with how its tagged and named.)

I would suggest describing the meme in this thread. I propose a name change for the thread, because I thought it was a game instead of a thread meant to help people find out the name of a meme (as we have it documented as.)

I don’t know about other sites or what history they have (the first thought that crosses my mind is Encyclopedia Dramatica.) So you may want to try that site or just google "puk*" "rainbow*" or something.

Anywho, ask in the thread I linked to above. If they can’t help you, then I’d try a reverse image search where you can put in the Image URL of an image with the guy puking rainbows, and Google will find most images that look similar to that. That should help you find a site with info on it.

Alternatively, this entry right here might be what you’re looking for.

Apr 27, 2013 at 06:48PM EDT

Verbose wrote:

I propose a name change for the thread, because I thought it was a game instead of a thread meant to help people find out the name of a meme (as we have it documented as.)

I’ve thought the name was a bit confusing before myself. Rather than simply shut down this thread because the original Q was answered, perhaps we might discuss a better title? “Need the name of a meme? Ask here” seems nice, but maybe a bit too wordy. (‘Cause you know how I’m always worried about being too wordy, right?)

Apr 27, 2013 at 09:51PM EDT

Brucker wrote:

_I’ve thought the name was a bit confusing before myself. Rather than simply shut down this thread because the original Q was answered, perhaps we might discuss a better title? “Need the name of a meme? Ask here” seems nice, but maybe a bit too wordy. (‘Cause you know how I’m always worried about being too wordy, right?)

I second “Need the name of a meme? Ask here.”

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:02PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!