Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Workshop: Carved Pencil Art

Last posted May 06, 2013 at 09:08AM EDT. Added May 03, 2013 at 12:11PM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

Creating art with pencils is one thing, but some artist actually use the pencil as the canvas for their art.

Some of the earliest of these works appeared in the 1980s-90s and are archived on InfoFreako.

(Kikko (honeycomb) by Mizuta Tasogare Fall 1987)

Artist Pete Goldlust began carving crayons in 2000.

In 2007, artist Dalton Ghetti was profiled by the New York Times for his carved pencil work, which has been featured on The Modern Artist, Twisted Sifter & Odd Stuff Magazine

Most recently, cerkahegyzo from Hungary has had his pencil art featured on Laughing Squid and Twisted Sifter, among others.

Are there more artists doing this? Is there additional internet spread?

Last edited May 03, 2013 at 12:12PM EDT

amanda b. wrote:

Creating art with pencils is one thing, but some artist actually use the pencil as the canvas for their art.

Some of the earliest of these works appeared in the 1980s-90s and are archived on InfoFreako.

(Kikko (honeycomb) by Mizuta Tasogare Fall 1987)

Artist Pete Goldlust began carving crayons in 2000.

In 2007, artist Dalton Ghetti was profiled by the New York Times for his carved pencil work, which has been featured on The Modern Artist, Twisted Sifter & Odd Stuff Magazine

Most recently, cerkahegyzo from Hungary has had his pencil art featured on Laughing Squid and Twisted Sifter, among others.

Are there more artists doing this? Is there additional internet spread?

Could crayons count?

This one's made by…reads Pete Goldust … uh, nevermind.

Hmm, I'm not sure. His photos are viral but I don't see many other artists (besides mention) doing this. I don't think I seem something like that in Deviantart.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!