Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Reddit Olive Garden Culture

Last posted May 09, 2013 at 08:39PM EDT. Added May 07, 2013 at 02:21PM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

It is a bit unclear to me what the origin of this trend is, but several Olive Garden sub-reddits have been popping up and all seem to be along the same lines ie. a mocking worship of Olive Garden. Notable examples include /r/unlimitedbreadsticks and /r/actsofolivegarden. It appears to be linked to the so called "Olive Garden Conspiracy" (see reddit.com/r/olivegardenconspiracy ) which holds that Olive garden is using Reddit to advertise their business. The subreddits appear to mock this believe with posts like "Does anyone know any friendly, hometown, fine yet casual dining Italian places where I can get unlimited breadsticks?" which then links to OliveGarden.com. The posts and comments also seem to make fun of Reddit culture in general ie using words like "Le," "DAE," "[F]"/"[M]" and "AMA."

hm interesting. I saw a lot on the OG receipt following a house fire or something where everything was comped (i think that's what /r/olivegardenconspiracy was created for) but haven't seen all these other subreddits. would definitely keep an eye on this.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!