Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,672 total conversations in 3,366 threads

+ New Thread

Last posted Jun 02, 2013 at 09:53PM EDT. Added Jun 02, 2013 at 10:36AM EDT
8 posts from 5 users

Also known as “le lenny face 2.0”

I wanna make sure I’m not jumping the gun a bit, so I wanted to check with you guys before making an entry.

Jun 02, 2013 at 10:36AM EDT

Sonic Von Hedgehog wrote:

What on earth?

How can a keyboard even do that?

These things can be made through alt-codes. But most people just copy-paste them once they found them.

Jun 02, 2013 at 11:01AM EDT

These things happen every week. Unless you want to make an entry for all of them every time they come up with a new one.

This was last weeks ascii on 4chan
☻/
/▌
/ \­
and the one before that
( ‾ʖ̫‾)

I would just consider adding it HERE

Last edited Jun 02, 2013 at 05:43PM EDT
Jun 02, 2013 at 05:38PM EDT

@Derpy

Nope we already have created for him for a long time now.

Bob

For the emoticon, I have seen it in the past in image file-names on 4chan, but I do feel it might not be anything special.

Last edited Jun 02, 2013 at 05:57PM EDT
Jun 02, 2013 at 05:57PM EDT

My point is/was there is a new one (sometimes old ones people forget about) every week on 4chan. Do we make an entry ever time there is one?

Jun 02, 2013 at 07:34PM EDT

Derp Banned wrote:

My point is/was there is a new one (sometimes old ones people forget about) every week on 4chan. Do we make an entry ever time there is one?

Depends on how popular they get. Week-long fads are not uncommon anymore in present day internet, so of course we can’t add every small thing which might be popular and claim them memes (it would be a bit too much work as well). If something manages to jump out to to the extend that it spreads to other websites, then it might be entry material.

To call this thing entry-worthy though…… questionable. Le Lenny Face for example spread to other websites and could be exploited due to being a usable/unique emoticon with possible variations. ( ‾ʖ̫‾) was already a more well known emoticon (-_-), nothing unique and a somewhat derivative of the Lenny Face, and this thing is as vague as you can find them, with no options outside of dumb spamming at all.

Regardless of that, Brucker already deadpooled it. So yeah, I’m gonna stick with calling that the right decision for now. If it manages to spread after all, we can always pull it back into submissions.

Last edited Jun 02, 2013 at 09:58PM EDT
Jun 02, 2013 at 09:53PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!