Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Le Merchant Face meme?

Last posted Jun 12, 2013 at 04:46PM EDT. Added Jun 12, 2013 at 02:31AM EDT
11 posts from 5 users

I have recently created a wip entry for a highly used meme on 4chan called le merchant face. However the context has gotten it hidden and I was wondering what I could do to put this long running meme on the map without having to deal with political correctness or any other hurdles the site has created. Also added Le american Bear to the entry to soften the blow and to add context slightly. Le American Bear is part associated with the merchant face.

Any help? https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/le-merchant-face

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 02:33AM EDT

Kyntak wrote:

Yeah, this should be in the "Meme Research" forums.
I've seen this a lot on 4chan… a lot on /pol/… don't ask.

Thanks for the info! Thought so i'll move it. :)

I checked it, and I think your entry was hidden due to fact that it was considered a duplicate for this entry, which you already posted in before. If you want, I can grant you editorship so you help clean it up.

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 03:38AM EDT

VanManner wrote:

I checked it, and I think your entry was hidden due to fact that it was considered a duplicate for this entry, which you already posted in before. If you want, I can grant you editorship so you help clean it up.

sure. I dunno when i'll find the time but it could make things easier and maybe get the meme out there. This has been misrepresented and handled poorly imo

Is there a way I can remove the unrelevant hate videos and pics? Or do they remain on the entry and i just overlap with other stuff?

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 04:47AM EDT

TehFoxen wrote:

sure. I dunno when i'll find the time but it could make things easier and maybe get the meme out there. This has been misrepresented and handled poorly imo

Is there a way I can remove the unrelevant hate videos and pics? Or do they remain on the entry and i just overlap with other stuff?

Sorry, but only media mods and senior mods are the ones given the ability to remove images and videos. I would suggest to work around them, but if you see certain content to be considered offensive, you can go to them.

Edit: Forgot about database mods, they can remove content as well.

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 05:43AM EDT

VanManner wrote:

Sorry, but only media mods and senior mods are the ones given the ability to remove images and videos. I would suggest to work around them, but if you see certain content to be considered offensive, you can go to them.

Edit: Forgot about database mods, they can remove content as well.

Thanks for the info

VanManner wrote:

I'll just copypaste my post from this thread.

Jewspiracies is an often recurring reaction face on 4chan, used to mock Jews. Issue is that Jewspiracies, as the OP wrote it, is about conspiracy theories involving stereotypical jew behavior.
What I'm aiming for with that entry is solely the documentation of that reaction face. If anyone knows a more common name for that reaction face, please say so and we might continue from there.

So I agree that that OP's entry would be a dupe to the one there. But currently the focus on the Jewspiracies entries is incorrect, and should be changed to be about that reaction face.

I got rid of some of the unrelated media posted in the entry. If you spot anything I missed to post a link here and I'll get rid of them. I intentionally kept the hate drawings that are a similar style as the original image because it might be origin related (some artist with anti-jew propaganda).

As for "Le Happy Merchant Face", perhaps make it a header like the "Le Monkey Face" on the Rustled Jimmies entry.

Last edited Jun 12, 2013 at 04:52PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!