Forums / Meme Research

20,477 total conversations in 3,313 threads

+ New Thread

Manga / Anime

Last posted Jun 18, 2013 at 05:37PM EDT. Added Jun 18, 2013 at 02:38PM EDT
5 conversations with 3 participants

List all manga / anime subculture sub-memes here.

Here are a few of what I know:

Nichijou
Azumanga Daioh!
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Mobile Suit Gundam
Haruhi
Gurren Lagann
Lucky Star

Jun 18, 2013 at 02:38PM EDT

May I ask the use of this for Meme Research? Those are all already existing entries, if you want to know them all using the search function and limiting it to subcultures gets you quite far.

Jun 18, 2013 at 03:52PM EDT

This is to work on the entry titled “Anime”, which should be renamed “Manga / Anime”.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/anime--2

Last edited Jun 18, 2013 at 04:26PM EDT
Jun 18, 2013 at 04:20PM EDT

1983parrothead wrote:

This is to work on the entry titled “Anime”, which should be renamed “Manga / Anime”.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/anime--2

Anime
Manga

The manga entry is from April Fools’ day, but it’s one that can do with an update and not something I consider “pre-internet” (as that was the April Fools’ day focus). Due to the size and notability of both though, I believe it’s best to keep them seperated. That way you can focus on the size of one and not get it confused with the other.

Jun 18, 2013 at 04:26PM EDT

I think that the two seperate entries could get confusing when adding sub-memes. For example, Attack on Titan had it’s origins as a manga, but you can argue that it only got as popular as it is today due to the anime. If we were to add it as a manga example, due to that being the origin, then quite a few popular anime would be under manga as well. On the other hand, adding them under anime would give us the same problem, as generally speaking, an anime adaptation usually garners more attention than the original manga (Not always, but in the context of the current subculture anime entries, that’s the general trend). Due to both Anime and Manga being so closely linked, maybe a merge is in order?
Oh and also, most popular anime subcultures are listed under the anime tag.

Jun 18, 2013 at 05:37PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!