Forums / Meme Research

20,480 total conversations in 3,315 threads

+ New Thread

Steam Summer Sale as a yearly internet Event?

Last posted Jul 12, 2013 at 04:46PM EDT. Added Jul 02, 2013 at 10:05PM EDT
12 conversations with 7 participants

Or Steam Sales in general. There is a lot of discussion and image about it. is it worth adding an entry about it?

Jul 02, 2013 at 10:05PM EDT

I think we need an entry for this. Or if not, than at least a section in the “Valve” Entry.

Jul 02, 2013 at 11:51PM EDT

Why, exactly, does this need an entry?

Jul 03, 2013 at 11:33AM EDT

Yeah, I’m not really sure about this. What kinds of things are you planning to add?

Jul 03, 2013 at 01:11PM EDT

If it’s about the amount of online reaction and anticipation concerning steam sales, then it needs to include winter sales as well.

Jul 03, 2013 at 02:33PM EDT

Agreeing with Opspe and Amanda, not yet fully convinced. Correct, the Steam summer sale spawns content, but to call this notable…… It might be better to do what Tomberry said and expand to just Steam Holiday Sales, give it a wider coverage.

I’m not too positive about the article itself either. I understand people like to start the entry so that they’re open for others to continue on, mostly because they’re not too good at writing themselves, but that was just below-zero effort and feels more like a “gotta be OP”-rush.

Last edited Jul 03, 2013 at 02:41PM EDT
Jul 03, 2013 at 02:36PM EDT

Agreed. I’m deadpooling the entry because it shows a complete lack of effort. If you want to work on it, I can bring it back after you’ve made some edits.

Jul 04, 2013 at 01:57AM EDT

Not it’s own entry, please. Steam in general needs its own section(s), but they would go on the Valve subculture page (unless that gets too big). Steam has notorious features and faults, and its supermassive sales qualify as one of them. I can’t count the number of jokes I’ve seen involving a steam summer/christmas/spring sale and an empty wallet.

Jul 04, 2013 at 06:59PM EDT

(I didn’t know what topic to go to so I’m posting this here) I reworked the Steam Holiday Sale page and I was hoping it could be undeadpooled/I could get more help with it, as that’s all the spread I could find.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:45AM EDT

Des wrote:

(I didn’t know what topic to go to so I’m posting this here) I reworked the Steam Holiday Sale page and I was hoping it could be undeadpooled/I could get more help with it, as that’s all the spread I could find.

Agreeing for an undeadpool, looks much better. I’ll also add it as a sub-entry to Valve.

Jul 12, 2013 at 03:46PM EDT

Good work Des. And thanks for getting that RM

Jul 12, 2013 at 04:46PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!