Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

BattleTech

Last posted Aug 06, 2013 at 11:36AM EDT. Added Aug 04, 2013 at 09:39PM EDT
2 posts from 2 users

O.K. I just made a subculture enetry for BattleTech. I got the basic history stuff out of the way but the rest is rather threadbare. It's a bit intimidating since this is a franchise that's been around more than long enough to have memes of old bulletin board that existed back in the days were a 56K modem was something most people could only dream of.
I mainly come to as a mostly off-and-on again MechWarrior player so any input from old school BattleTech grognards would be greatly appreciated.
BattleTech doesn't quite have the recognisability of Warhammer 40k online but there are two games on the way that may increase it visibility if the developers can get things together (). So this entry is a bit of a "wait-and-see".

While I appreciate your attention to detail, you really don't need 200 external references.

You need to cut down on the History section, and focus more on the Online Presence section. This is not Wikipedia. As it stands, the entry isn't really done in the correct style for this site.

We had a similar problem with the Bionicle entry last year; too much Wikipedia, not enough KYM. In the end, it ended up deadpooled because it focused way too much on the product and not enough on the culture. See the Transformers entry for one that's more in keeping with KYM's goals.

I'm giving you fair warning here; as it stands, the BattleTech entry might get deadpooled for lack of relevant information.

Last edited Aug 06, 2013 at 11:57AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!