Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,738 total conversations in 3,380 threads

+ New Thread

FunnyJunk admin's tantrum.

Last posted Aug 20, 2013 at 05:18PM EDT. Added Aug 07, 2013 at 07:02AM EDT
10 posts from 8 users

Okay so, in the last 24 hours there’s been a rather large conflict between the administrator of FunnyJunk and the community of this site. As the spread of this event did not leave FunnyJunk, I suggest either adding it to the current FJ entry, or making a related sub-meme.

The catalyst of this event seemed to occur when FunnyJunk user I Am Monkey uploaded the picture entitled ‘B&,’ which criticises the admin’s reluctance to create a mobile version of FunnyJunk and his extreme reaction of banning anyone who makes such criticisms, seen below. This received 50,071 views and 801 green thumbs after 24 hours.

After this, admin responded by posted an aggravated response. The comment accumulated 252 red thumbs in 24 hours.

Admin then began spamming and flaming any criticism posted by users, resulting in his account receiving so many red thumbs that it was automatically banned by FunnyJunk’s spam filter – the very same filter that he created. Most of these posts appear to be fairly obvious trolling, but either way the FunnyJunk community treated his sudden outburst seriously, condemning his tantrum.

Admin’s account. Check his ‘latests posts’ for source.

Later, the user roflcopterkklol made a post entitled, ‘Grow the fuck up Admin,’ presenting a recount of the events regarding admin. Admin then challenged users to attack him on his profile, which he made public.

Search results for admin on FJ. There are a few relevant posts near the top.

Excuse my english in this post. I partially blame fatigue, and partially blame the inevitable loss of intelligence caused from lurking FunnyJunk for more than 10 minutes.

Last edited Aug 07, 2013 at 07:10AM EDT
Aug 07, 2013 at 07:02AM EDT

I know. It’s so ironic and so unbelievably stupid, it’s really no surprise that it happened on FJ.

Last edited Aug 07, 2013 at 07:44AM EDT
Aug 07, 2013 at 07:37AM EDT

Looks like to me that what caused him to snap like this was being accused of not supporting a mobile app when he (claims to) has been working on one

A quick search reveals that such apps have been made by third parties, I don’t know if they are supported by FJ or not. But I can see why the community would still ask for something official

Then again, all that pent up rage had to have been building up for a long time. The FJ admin was probably pissed off at his own community for a long time for many reasons. This must have been the final straw

@Tardises

Ouch, banhammered by your own creation. That’s gotta hurt.

Agreed. This is epic. The internet will remember this

Aug 07, 2013 at 11:08AM EDT

BSoD wrote:

Then again, all that pent up rage had to have been building up for a long time. The FJ admin was probably pissed off at his own community for a long time for many reasons. This must have been the final straw

Yes and no. Sure, he must’ve been hating these requests for a while now. But, this isn’t the first time the Funnyjunk admin has shown some serious childish behavior.

Remember the Oatmeal case. Here’s a list of what the Funnyjunk owner did against Inman regarding Inman’s list of webcomic pages that were hosted on Funnyjunk without any attribution to the authors:

• Sending an email to all of its members claiming that Inman wanted to shut down the site (a false claim and huge lie by that), encouraging the users to contact him about it.
  • In reply, removing only the comics that were properly attributed to the Oatmeal, while not removing any Oatmeal comic without any form of proper credit.
  • And last but not least, threatening to sue him if Inman wouldn’t deliver a check made out to FunnyJunk, LLC for $20,000.

So yeah, I’m just going to call it and say that the admin of Funnyjunk is a butthurt 15 year old himself, or at least still on the inside.

Last edited Aug 07, 2013 at 12:50PM EDT
Aug 07, 2013 at 12:46PM EDT

@jack, this could definitely be put in the FJ entry, do you want editorship?

Aug 07, 2013 at 06:17PM EDT

Yeah, that article definitely needs more info added, but I’m flat out with studies at the moment.
I plan on contributing more here after my finals [which are several months away, lol] but until then I really don’t have the time.

That being said, the GeckosandCheerios article should also be edited or merged with the FunnyJunk article. The GeckosandCheerios account definitely went viral on FunnyJunk for several weeks. [third most thumbed comment, from a quick but superficial search.]

Plus, how could you deadpool a video as cute as this? Seriously?

Last edited Aug 11, 2013 at 10:58AM EDT
Aug 11, 2013 at 10:57AM EDT

“Excuse my english in this post. I partially blame fatigue, and partially blame the inevitable loss of intelligence caused from lurking FunnyJunk for more than 10 minutes.”

I have to thank you for documenting this so viewers like me don’t have to do that kind of lurking.

Aug 20, 2013 at 09:27AM EDT
Admin then began spamming and flaming any criticism posted by users, resulting in his account receiving so many red thumbs that it was automatically banned by FunnyJunk’s spam filter

Top lel.

Aug 20, 2013 at 05:18PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!