Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,408 total conversations in 3,331 threads

+ New Thread

The Amazing Atheist channel in trouble?

Last posted Aug 22, 2013 at 12:36AM EDT. Added Aug 19, 2013 at 07:30PM EDT
7 posts from 3 users

I’m not sure what the criteria is for articles to be updated, but I thought this might be relevant to the Amazing Atheist article

So, is it relevant enough to be added in, or am I chiming in too early, or is it just not relevant, idk

Aug 19, 2013 at 07:30PM EDT

oh wow, definitely upload this video to the entry for now and keep an eye on it. i’ll add you as an editor so you can add in whatever happens in the next few hours/days

Aug 19, 2013 at 07:33PM EDT

I added a small section with the video (though might need to be double checked that it’s set up in the right manner), and I’ll try to keep up with what is/might happen as more develops.

Aug 19, 2013 at 08:16PM EDT

here’s another thing, he posted a screenshot (link) of a community guidelines violations for his comments and most of the comments on reblogs are thanking youtube here’s one

Aug 19, 2013 at 08:19PM EDT

amanda b. wrote:

here’s another thing, he posted a screenshot (link) of a community guidelines violations for his comments and most of the comments on reblogs are thanking youtube here’s one

Actually, I just peeked at his tumblr and it seems he’s aware of the reaction, offering this

He also offered this" as a response to fans who wanted to know what they could do.
This was only 2 hours ago.

Aug 19, 2013 at 08:33PM EDT

This is kinda surprising, but not too surprising. I mean he was really borderline harassment/hate speech, which is two of YouTube’s ToS. I know in a few vids he attacked commenters which, if I had a guess, I’d say is why those videos got taken down. This will definitely be worth watching for more development. Now where did I put that popcorn…

Crap.

Last edited Aug 20, 2013 at 03:11AM EDT
Aug 20, 2013 at 03:10AM EDT

Looks like earlier today (er, yesterday?) youtube restored the videos, though I can’t tell why they were taken down/why they were restored yet.

Looking through his archive on youtube, I can confirm this is true. Should I update the article with this or wait for a little?

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:36AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!