Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

"Button is X" fad.

Last posted Aug 25, 2013 at 05:16AM EDT. Added Aug 22, 2013 at 05:45PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. I haven't really used the forums before, so if this is the wrong place, just tell me and I'll move it.
I didn't want to submit this as a Meme yet, since it only appears to be a YouTube fad so far.

Recently, JanAnimations's YouTube channel released episode 1 of "Button's adventures."
A small unofficial miniseries spinoff of My Little Pony.

The animation slips back and fourth between Button's various adventures before a particular scene in which Button pull out a small carton of juice and drinks before noticing a sticker on the side of the box, prompting him to peel if off and see if he "won".

Unfortunately, the inside label reads "Sorry, you lose. Better luck next time", resulting in Button crying dejectedly.

This scene has since been parodied and manupulated so the inside label reads something else.
(Usually something negative)

Examples:

There's dozens of other parodies but I didn't want to spam videos.
Feel free to submit this as a meme. I've never done it myself and it would probably suck if I did.

Last edited Aug 22, 2013 at 06:01PM EDT

It is broken.

I think i have to copypaste whole of them to read.

Well i can't deny this isn't a thing. I have seen couple of parodies and lots of video answers people posting to each other. This is definetely fad. But cannot say it is really popular or entry-worthy. Dunno you should ask a mod.

But i say: it isn't worth for an entry.

Don't judge me. KYM is little prejudiced to new pony entries. Admins just don't want to flood database with new MLP content.

Last edited Aug 22, 2013 at 07:40PM EDT

Huh. The post displays correctly on my screen. Must be a glitch with all the video imbeds.
I promise I'm not trying to flood KYM with pony content. This is the first time I've suggested anything and I hadn't seen anyone else note it, so here it it.

Iso wrote:

Huh. The post displays correctly on my screen. Must be a glitch with all the video imbeds.
I promise I'm not trying to flood KYM with pony content. This is the first time I've suggested anything and I hadn't seen anyone else note it, so here it it.

This glitch happens in Webkit browsers (eg. Chrome and Safai). Since <br> tags were inserted in YouTube's old embed code used in the first and the last videos in your first post, those videos were placed over the following paragraphs.

Old video embed codes provided by YouTube don't include <br> tags. If you did insert it by yourself, I'd like to recommend you not to try modifying provided HTML codes by web services.

Last edited Aug 25, 2013 at 05:17AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!