Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,737 total conversations in 3,379 threads

+ New Thread

Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends

Last posted Sep 02, 2013 at 12:33PM EDT. Added Sep 01, 2013 at 09:32PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

While Thomas and Friends doesn’t have too large of an impression on the Internet, it certainly does exist. Even here on KYM you can see examples of Thomas, usually in the form of reaction images though. It’s not as big as other memes or subcultures, but I feel Thomas and Friends at least deserves an article. However, my ADD has proved in the past that there’s no way I could write something like that myself and so I’m hoping there are others that at least know about the show and its Internet existence.

I also am aware that there is a rather large amount of (sub-par) fan-made videos relating to Thomas, but more important is the amount of Youtube poops that exist for it. There also currently exists the Thomas vs. x article already, but the show itself as a subculture should be added.

I’d be willing to help contribute to an article if you all think it’d be worth while.

Sep 01, 2013 at 09:32PM EDT

all i know is thomas the tank engine was a series of books, witch was adapted into a series of shows, and then there was merch, and then it got a fandom somehow.

Sep 02, 2013 at 10:32AM EDT

Neffy wrote:

all i know is thomas the tank engine was a series of books, witch was adapted into a series of shows, and then there was merch, and then it got a fandom somehow.

My best guess as to how it got a fandom is due to nostalgia. I was a HUGE fan of trains when I was a kid and so I obsessively watched Thomas almost every day. As girls and boys who watched Thomas as kids grew up and began to use the Internet, I assume that’s when the fandom started to grow.

Sep 02, 2013 at 11:15AM EDT

Deltamelon wrote:

My best guess as to how it got a fandom is due to nostalgia. I was a HUGE fan of trains when I was a kid and so I obsessively watched Thomas almost every day. As girls and boys who watched Thomas as kids grew up and began to use the Internet, I assume that’s when the fandom started to grow.

But Nostalgia Critic hates it. That’s one reason I don’t like him sometimes, because all the nostalgic things he praises I never grew up with while the things I did he bashes. Basically saying that my childhood sucks.

Sep 02, 2013 at 12:33PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!