Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,734 total conversations in 3,378 threads

+ New Thread

Again

Last posted Jul 19, 2009 at 03:13PM EDT. Added Jul 17, 2009 at 04:42PM EDT
7 posts from 3 users

There is too much seen-on-tv-and-made-few-million-youtube-views ’’memes’’ here. Have you forgot the gay test meme? And that one, if there’s a chick with big tits on the picture everyone’s posting ‘’OMG DO YOU SEE THOSE SUNGLASSES, THEYRE HUGE’’? That picture about ass squirting yellow liquid and trains? You moderators know almost nothing about memes…

Jul 17, 2009 at 04:42PM EDT

Svoksis can we have a few examples of the seen-on-tv few million views memes?

If we have some examples we can get to the root of the problem.

Jul 17, 2009 at 04:44PM EDT

All the top youtube videos and others – Evolution of Dance, Dancing Matt, Charlie Bit Me, that gross dancing baby, Kimberly with the stars, Autotune, Scary Prank Reaction Videos, Salad Fingers, Youtube poop, Konami code, Hopkin Green Frog, Leprechaun thing, none of them are memes. They might be popular and maybe funny, but that doesn’t make them a meme.

Jul 18, 2009 at 09:20AM EDT

I don’t know what to tell ya svoksis, a lot if not all the things you mentioned may not be memes by your definition, but they do fit our definition of “internet phenomena worth entering into a database of internet phenomena.”

While the name of the site is Know Your Meme, we cover more than that. It’s like bed bath and beyond, with memes as our bed bath mix.

And I’m surprised your angry about all the youtube entries considering you wrote “Eli Porter” who was very popular on youtube.

In conclusion, I’m sorry but those confirmed entries are going to stay confirmed and you’ll have to grin and bear it. Hope you understand.

Jul 18, 2009 at 03:49PM EDT

Well ofcourse, I understand. It’s just gives people wrong statement about memes.

Jul 19, 2009 at 11:55AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!