Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,672 total conversations in 3,366 threads

+ New Thread

Is "Give That Man a Cookie" a Meme?

Last posted Sep 24, 2013 at 04:18PM EDT. Added Sep 07, 2013 at 12:05AM EDT
11 posts from 11 users

I’ve seen this image EVERYWHERE, especially on the Didyouknow Facebook page. But a search for “Give that man a cookie” returns no results.
Here’s the image in question:

Sep 07, 2013 at 12:05AM EDT

Sorry, but a single image doesn’t consist as a full-blown meme. Unless you can find other derivatives, you might want to upload that image to the reaction faces entry gallery.

Sep 07, 2013 at 12:39AM EDT

VanManner wrote:

Sorry, but a single image doesn’t consist as a full-blown meme. Unless you can find other derivatives, you might want to upload that image to the reaction faces entry gallery.

What about “cookies” in general?

Like if person 1 does something person 2 likes, usually person 2 responds with something like “You win a cookie!” or a picture of a cookie.

Sep 08, 2013 at 09:30AM EDT

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

What about “cookies” in general?

Like if person 1 does something person 2 likes, usually person 2 responds with something like “You win a cookie!” or a picture of a cookie.

Sep 08, 2013 at 11:20PM EDT

I’ve noticed a recent surge of internet fascination of cookies, but nothing really that can be pinpointed as a meme yet. This is pretty much just a reaction image. I would give you a cookie for trying, but…

Last edited Sep 10, 2013 at 07:19PM EDT
Sep 10, 2013 at 07:19PM EDT

VanManner wrote:

Kind of like these? Google image searches gives tons…

Last edited Sep 22, 2013 at 06:02PM EDT
Sep 22, 2013 at 06:00PM EDT

I don’t do many entries, so I might defer to VanManner here, but if those images are unique and can be sourced to various sites on the Internet, then I think it merits a discussion before we relegate it to the catch-all Reaction Images entry.

If it were me, then I might go ahead and source each image here, see if you can find an origin (which would be the hardest thing,) and then see if you can find other instances of it. Many entries only have 10 or so images in their galleries (even if they’re memes based on images) and they’re confirmed, but to get support (and not have it be immediately deadpooled,) you’ll probably have to go above and beyond what the editors did for those entries.

I can’t help you myself, I’m afraid. But like I said, I think it merits a discussion if you can continue to find evidence for it.

Sep 22, 2013 at 06:27PM EDT

I’ve seen several images here and there on the interwebs, but not all that often, so +1 Wait

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:59AM EDT

kirillknows wrote:

Kind of like these? Google image searches gives tons…

Yep, I’ve seen nearly all of these around, but besides this, aren’t ‘cookies’ as much of memes as bacon is?

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:01PM EDT

clickityclickityclickityclickity

…oh, wait, this is NOT to do with Cookie Clicker?

Seriously, I con’t think any cookie relax memes can stand out. They are inextricably linked with that game.

Sep 24, 2013 at 02:12PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!