Forums / Meme Research

20,011 total conversations in 3,226 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
delete the "bronies" entry please

Last posted Sep 11, 2013 at 09:47PM EDT. Added Sep 11, 2013 at 04:39PM EDT
5 conversations with 5 participants

first and foremost, it’s usless, any inforamation about bronies is already covered in the primary MLP FIM article and bronyspeak.

second of all, that article is just a hub for haters to post distatful comments and images. it’s just not needed.

and to think i was the one who brought people’s attention to this back when it was just a failed deadpooled troll entry, because i thought there is a large veriety of brony types ane behavoirs.

there aren’t just the plain one and /mlp/ who hate everything…

if you disagree please give valid reasons

Sep 11, 2013 at 04:39PM EDT

Hmm… I see what you mean, Jolly. Since “MLP” is a subculture page, perhaps a “bronies” page is redundant.

On the other hand, it’s a big subject. Having multiple pages that go over different parts of the subject can be effective. The “bronies” page is about the bronies themselves, while the “MLP” page is more about the history and spread.

Sep 11, 2013 at 06:53PM EDT

Not that you can’t or shouldn’t be witty in Meme Research, Jimmy. But you should certainly contribute.

I would suggest reading through the comments (specifically RandomMan’s and Blue Screen of Death’s). They didn’t always say the article shouldn’t be confirmed or not deadpooled, but they always provided good reasoning for it.

I’m not going to take time to compare the two, but I will say three things:

• The fact that “Bronies” is a subculture and “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” is also a subculture strikes me as redundant in definition. In regards to Web Culture, I don’t think that there should be a subculture (i.e. Bronies) within a subculture (i.e. the FiM fandom.)
  • Currently, the FiM fandom is simply massive and ridiculously active. There is so much relevant and notable information to document, it cannot be neatly compiled into one article. Even after having several sub-entries and related entries (some of which are confirmed, and rightfully so in my mind, such as the “Derpy Hooves” entry,) the main MLP entry is still too big to really grasp. It is well-written with great editors, moderators, and staff hacking away at it as is needed…but it is technically always needed until KYM finds a way to beam information into minds.
  • That said, I think that the events in the FiM fandom can be separated from bronies. So even though one comes from the other (heck, one is the other,) I believe that two, well-written and well-researched articles can exist.
    • One focuses on the events that made FiM the beast of a web phenomenon it is. The show itself, the staff interaction with fans, the staff appearance at conventions and social media, the art, the music, the animation, etc.
    • The other focuses (or could focus) on bronies: Probably the cosplays, the donation drives, the various conventions now all around the world, the in-fighting, etc.

And I believe that, as they are organized, “Bronies” and the information in it makes for an article that could stand to be confirmed based on its own focus of the FiM fandom depending on it’s writing and how much brony-specific/focused can be found and occurs in the future. And it would be a sub-entry of the main article (which has no objective reason to not be confirmed.)

…this is exactly the way things stand.

Or more simply, if a brony runs out onto an American college football field and streaks with red body paint and dyed orangish-blonde hair, then that might be an event for the “Bronies” entry, whereas this bump on Adult Swim might be something for the “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” entry.

I’m sorry to say that the actual video no longer exists on YouTube.

Last edited Sep 11, 2013 at 07:05PM EDT
Sep 11, 2013 at 07:02PM EDT

Verbose has answered this in his usual eloquence.

Sep 11, 2013 at 09:47PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!