Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,937 total conversations in 3,415 threads

+ New Thread

Is inb4 widespread enough to be considered a valid meme?

Last posted Nov 16, 2009 at 01:34PM EST. Added Nov 14, 2009 at 02:53PM EST
10 posts from 6 users

oo thats a tough one. Since its usually tied to CP on 4chan i would have to say NSFW, but i can’t really say if it’s a meme. However, it is a very popular form of chanspeak

Nov 14, 2009 at 02:55PM EST

Redspear, Inb4 isn’t tied to CP on 4chan but you’re right, it is more a chanspeak that something that can mutate/being altered

Nov 14, 2009 at 03:08PM EST

inb4 admin says “I say go for it. It’s an important part of Internet Slang.” or anything similar to it.

Nov 14, 2009 at 03:08PM EST

The “in before” thing is supposed to cancel anyone who answer with what followed “inb4”, because it’s generally obvious to do so, but yet, there are no derivatives created from the slang.
Its acts as a warning.
I saw one picture, 2 maybe, at the very least.

No themed video, no ytmnd…

It’s like lmao or rofl.

Nov 14, 2009 at 03:43PM EST

Yeah, I guess Tomberry is right. I tried looking around but there are no, if not, only a minimal number of “inb4” images on all the image sharing websites I know of.

Nov 14, 2009 at 03:48PM EST

in b4 dictionary… :D

I’d say it’s worth having an entry, just note that this is slang/dictionary-oriented rather than “itself a meme” -- we’re still a ways off from having a real version of the dictionary available, and will cull through the DB and move things when we do

Nov 16, 2009 at 01:34PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!