Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,659 total conversations in 3,364 threads

+ New Thread

Pretty Girl Ignored Meme

Last posted Nov 16, 2009 at 01:31PM EST. Added Nov 14, 2009 at 09:05PM EST
4 posts from 4 users

This is a very difficult meme to name, but fairly easy to describe. It usually takes the form of a motivational poster. Basically, you its a picture of a pretty girl, but the caption of the poster humorously ignored for the sake of something else in the background. An example would be here http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/52460/Futurama+FTW/.

Is this already listed here? Does anyone feel like tackling it?

Nov 14, 2009 at 09:05PM EST

I’m not sure if ignoring girls specifically is a meme because people have been doing that IRL for a long time before they did OTI.

Though, there are some demotivational posters of something called “Gay Test” usually accompanied by the text, “If you noticed the X in the background first, I’ve got some bad news for you” or anything similar to it. I think it is that which is the meme and I think it deserves to be made into an article as well.

EXAMPLES

What are your thoughts about it, fellow researchers?

Nov 14, 2009 at 09:39PM EST

I’ve noticed this before in comments sections all the time. I’ll see what I can dig up.

Nov 14, 2009 at 09:44PM EST

This seems like a (nsfw, borderline homophobic) offshoot of “If you see it you’ll shit brix”

This could also be part of some kind of list of Common Demotivational Themes -- any others stand out?

Nov 16, 2009 at 01:31PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!