Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Should the KYM Goat/ Yotsunoha Legs have an article yet?

Last posted Oct 10, 2013 at 09:03PM EDT. Added Oct 08, 2013 at 07:57PM EDT
10 posts from 7 users

Recently, I've seen lots of that goat on the KYM image gallery (you know the one. If not, lurk moar).
The question is, should it be classified as a meme yet? I'm a bit on the fence. It seems to be fairly popular on the galleries, but not the rest of the internet. Lots of the ones I have seen are fairly funny. Maybe it could be a submeme in Hentai Quotes. Ideas anyone?

Currently it's still just a KYM inside joke based on something that started on /v/. Let's see if it has staying power first, and how it manages to spread both through KYM and to other sites.

I'm not saying stuff like "too forced" or "can't because started on KYM", just that it still lacks some features that make it a meme.

I think if you make an entry now, it'll end up like Super-Robo Jesus; a popular "meme" among us, but totally unrecognizable by anyone else. Tl;dr: Deadpool but still popular.

If you know it'll get deadpooled then you shouldn't make an entry, simple as that. It doesn't matter if it's a KYM in-joke; it's not worth making an article. SRJ is still in existence as a page because it has that "classic" factor to it and it's used as an example of the exact opposite thing to do when making an article. I can assure you this really forced attempt to make a KYM inside joke will not have that kind of staying power.

Last edited Oct 10, 2013 at 04:27AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!