Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,675 total conversations in 3,367 threads

+ New Thread

Could H.P Lovecraft be a culture?

Last posted Oct 25, 2013 at 09:44PM EDT. Added Oct 25, 2013 at 01:58AM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

I’m just curious what you guys would think if this was considered a online culture? It was prior to the internet, but there is a lot of fan art, fan storys, etc.

An example among thousands.

Last edited Oct 25, 2013 at 01:59AM EDT
Oct 25, 2013 at 01:58AM EDT

We’ve got a page for Cthulhu, but I could see the body of the Cthulhu Mythos getting its own page. Emphasis on “Mythos”, here – though influential Lovecraft was, some of the most memorable media came about after he passed on to the eldritch abyss.

…I will unashamedly admit that I want to see this happen. I do hold that Cthulhu should be its own page, regardless.

Last edited Oct 25, 2013 at 02:04AM EDT
Oct 25, 2013 at 02:03AM EDT

I’m more surprised about the fact that there isn’t a entry for the Cthulhu Mythos. Let’s face the facts here, The Mythos has not only been referenced in countless amount of times in different media but it also changed the genera of horror by creating the from of horror called Cosmic Horror. Though Cthulhu can still keep his entry, maybe it can be a sub-entry along with old Howard’s entry?

Last edited Oct 25, 2013 at 02:26AM EDT
Oct 25, 2013 at 02:26AM EDT

Kung Fu Cthulhu wrote:

We’ve got a page for Cthulhu, but I could see the body of the Cthulhu Mythos getting its own page. Emphasis on “Mythos”, here – though influential Lovecraft was, some of the most memorable media came about after he passed on to the eldritch abyss.

…I will unashamedly admit that I want to see this happen. I do hold that Cthulhu should be its own page, regardless.

Cthulhu is a meme, while Lovecraft is a culture in which the Cthulhu meme has its origins, so they should be separate related entries. I agree completely.

Last edited Oct 25, 2013 at 09:46PM EDT
Oct 25, 2013 at 09:44PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!