Forums / Meme Research

20,010 total conversations in 3,224 threads

+ New Thread

Where do these Cartoon Network quotes come from? (sorry if this is the wrong forum)

Last posted Nov 27, 2013 at 02:20AM EST. Added Nov 01, 2013 at 05:19PM EDT
10 conversations with 7 participants

I’ve been seeing lots of these quotes with the same typeface, usually white, around for a while now in many different places.

They’re all from old Cartoon Network shows, and they’re all mediocre quality at best. My only conclusion is that they all come from the same source, but I don’t know where. Do any of you happen to know?

Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 05:20PM EDT
Nov 01, 2013 at 05:19PM EDT

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking. Are you asking where these quotes originated from? If so, these are all actual quotes from their respective tv shows.

If you’re asking who took the time to watch these shows with captions and put them on the internet. Then the best answer to give would be ‘the internet’.

Last edited Nov 01, 2013 at 07:23PM EDT
Nov 01, 2013 at 07:23PM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking. Are you asking where these quotes originated from? If so, these are all actual quotes from their respective tv shows.

If you’re asking who took the time to watch these shows with captions and put them on the internet. Then the best answer to give would be ‘the internet’.

I know they’re all quotes from the shows. My point is that all of these captions have the exact same font. I’m assuming that the captions with this font were all made by one person on the Internet (maybe a Tumblr blog), because the only captions I know about on actual TV are the black closed captions like this.

I may be wrong, and that’s another reason I bring this up. Did they actually have subtitles like the ones in my original post on TV or anything else back in the day (possibly exclusive to CN)? I’ve never seen them like that.

I understand your confusion, because this is a rather strange and frivolous question I bring up here.

Nov 01, 2013 at 07:36PM EDT

Jack the Dipper wrote:

I’ve been seeing lots of these quotes with the same typeface, usually white, around for a while now in many different places.

They’re all from old Cartoon Network shows, and they’re all mediocre quality at best. My only conclusion is that they all come from the same source, but I don’t know where. Do any of you happen to know?

dexters lab?
johny bravo
dexters lab
???
powerpuff girls
fosters home for imaginary friends
you’re welcome

Nov 01, 2013 at 10:52PM EDT

Pollux wrote:

dexters lab?
johny bravo
dexters lab
???
powerpuff girls
you’re welcome

Wow, I really must have not worded my question right. I know the shows these all are from. What I’m asking about is who captioned them, considering the font is identical in each one.

Nov 01, 2013 at 11:05PM EDT

Pollux wrote:

dexters lab?
johny bravo
dexters lab
???
powerpuff girls
you’re welcome

The middle one is from Billy and Mandy.

Nov 04, 2013 at 03:21PM EST

Jack the Dipper wrote:

Wow, I really must have not worded my question right. I know the shows these all are from. What I’m asking about is who captioned them, considering the font is identical in each one.

> trying to track five quotes down on the internet
> best of luck

Nov 08, 2013 at 08:40AM EST

My only guess would be someone from 4chan, specifically /co/, as these appear to all be Western cartoons. There could have been a “quote” thread or something. If it is from 4chan, you’re outta luck, as it’s pretty much impossible to track down whoever did them from there.

Nov 08, 2013 at 06:45PM EST

They could be from Tumblr, 4chan, Reddit, or another similar site. Those are my guesses, but I don’t know definitively.

Last edited Nov 27, 2013 at 02:21AM EST
Nov 27, 2013 at 02:20AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!