Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Should we consider Black Friday an event?

Last posted Nov 28, 2013 at 10:41AM EST. Added Nov 27, 2013 at 11:57AM EST
6 posts from 4 users

Thanksgiving is coming up, and something hit me: "Why isn't Black Friday on this site?" I mean, it's prevalent in online culture, there's a lot of controversy with it, and hell, it's just crazy. I'd help make the page, too, so yeah.

Maybe not Black Friday, as that's something that predated the internet by several decades. Cyber Monday, however, is primarily focused on online shopping, and has really increased in popularity since 2005-2006.

If you're going to do an article on one of the two, it should probably be Cyber Monday. It's just more internet related.

Sonata Dusk wrote:

Maybe not Black Friday, as that's something that predated the internet by several decades. Cyber Monday, however, is primarily focused on online shopping, and has really increased in popularity since 2005-2006.

If you're going to do an article on one of the two, it should probably be Cyber Monday. It's just more internet related.

All right, I'll go ask Brad if he can help.

Emerson Grey wrote:

All right, I'll go ask Brad if he can help.

Asking staff for help isn't really that necessary. If they see you submitting the entry, and find it something worthy to cover, they'll jump in themselves and work on it.

For small stuff, you can always hop in the IRC and ask some of the present mods there on what to do.

Would Steam sales fall into this as well? I mean the Gabe meme isn't about Steam sales at all. An idea I find kind of relevant to this topic.

Last edited Nov 28, 2013 at 08:00AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!