Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,694 total conversations in 3,372 threads

+ New Thread

Acronyms intended mistakes

Last posted Dec 02, 2013 at 12:31AM EST. Added Dec 01, 2013 at 01:46AM EST
5 posts from 3 users

This is a very particular kind of trolling, I don’t know how it is called but involves using the acronym with some of the words included in it. For example: I play Dota 2, and there’s a character called “Queen of Pain”, and it’s often called “QoP” for short, but some guys call her “qop of pain” intentionally so people gets mad correcting them. I also have seen some people say >mfw when or >tfw when, and everyone starts making fun of him thinking they are trolling him, but sometimes he actually trolled them making them get mad for the intended mistake. And of course, the most popular: “RIP in peace”, i’ve seen that a lot. This needs research because it has enormous potential, but there’s a lot of things I don’t know about it, that’s why I post it here instead of making an entry.

Dec 01, 2013 at 01:46AM EST

If you can provide evidence of spread outside of Dota 2, we can create an entry for it and keep an eye on its progression. If it has potential for spread, it has a home here.

Dec 01, 2013 at 05:06AM EST

Rip in pieces is popular and already has an entry.

Dec 01, 2013 at 03:12PM EST

Lil B wrote:

Rip in pieces is popular and already has an entry.

If that’s the case, then a simple mentioning of other forms within that article should suffice, if it is not already present.

Dec 01, 2013 at 06:09PM EST

Owens wrote:

If that’s the case, then a simple mentioning of other forms within that article should suffice, if it is not already present.

oh, I just noticed there’s an entry for RIP in peace. I thought it was a derivate from another meme, but if that’s the meme itself, then it’s just matter of modify that one.

Dec 02, 2013 at 12:31AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!