Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,408 total conversations in 3,331 threads

+ New Thread

Does Frozen Deserve its Own Page?

Last posted Jan 29, 2014 at 08:22PM EST. Added Jan 17, 2014 at 01:58PM EST
4 posts from 3 users

In the last two month’s since Frozen’s release to theaters we have seen two different entries related to the movie added to this site. I have recently gained editorship to the Let it Go entry and gained permission from the entry creator, Indy, to change it into a page about the Frozen subculture. Before doing this, however, I want a second opinion from you guys about if Frozen is deserving of a page.

With a fandom for this movie quickly spreading, I have noticed the most notable spread reaching Tumblr, in the form of fanart, references, analysis, gifs, possibly creating memes, and who can forget the layers upon layers of controversy surrounding the movie? There has also been a considerable amount of spread on Youtube, with clips and musical sequences from the movie gaining millions of views, the overflow of song covers (as seen in the Let it Go entry ), cosplay hair and makeup tutorials, among the other fan content making its way to Youtube.

So, what do you guys think? Does Frozen deserve its own article? Should we wait to see if this subculture spreads any further? Should we just leave it alone and keep everything in their own separate articles? Feedback is appreciated. And if you think this deserves a page and you have any content you think should be included in the article, please share it!

Jan 17, 2014 at 01:58PM EST

I think Frozen doesn’t need an article now. Nowadays everything big enough will have dozens of responses on the internet. Wait a month or two, to see if this continues or not.

Jan 17, 2014 at 03:15PM EST

I think you should keep the two articles as they are, and wait. Waiting is always good in my book. If by the time the movie is released for at-home viewing or maybe even a bit sooner and it hasn’t really rooted into the internet, it should not be a subculture, but if it remains as popular as it is or maybe even grows, it could become a subculture. I’m honestly just sick of the fact that every fandom in existence has to have a subculture page. Just this week I saw a totally unnecessary High School Musical page. New movies are always full of buzz, so we should see if it stands the test of time.

Jan 17, 2014 at 04:12PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!