Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,525 total conversations in 3,347 threads

+ New Thread

Pruane2Forever: confirm why?

Last posted Dec 01, 2009 at 01:42PM EST. Added Nov 30, 2009 at 02:26PM EST
16 posts from 6 users

Real Genius, and Logan have both voted “confirm” while Redspear has voted Deadpool.

I think Pruane2Forever is a noteworthy Youtube personality. But people are not memes.

I’m thinking of deadpooling the entry for that reason. To save the entry, state WHY you think Pruane2Forever is a meme.

Nov 30, 2009 at 02:26PM EST

Yeah, I was gonna say this was a meme until you guys said that youtube stars aren’t memes. This guy is a youtube star, therefore he is not a meme.

Nov 30, 2009 at 03:47PM EST

Sorry for the annoying double post, but that sorta means that “Account Crusher” should be deadpooled, right?

Nov 30, 2009 at 03:48PM EST

Don’t think about it in such black and white terms.

Remember, a meme is that which is imitated. Are there Pruane imitators? Becoming the subject of parody is what makes Chris Crocker’s “Leave Britney Alone” into a meme.

Some of Pruane’s videos have been remixed in order to satirize him. Do you feel that there is a common thread among the remixes that we might be missing, or are the parodies and remixes vague enough to be a side-effect of Youtube Celebrity rather than being distinctively exploitable?

Nov 30, 2009 at 03:52PM EST

Account Crusher is about an exploitable comic. You say “Card Crusher” and people think of the images, not the guy’s career as a television star.

Nov 30, 2009 at 03:53PM EST

So, what you’re saying is, is that if someone imitated Pruane2Forever, he would become a meme?

Nov 30, 2009 at 03:58PM EST

I think that if it would have been bigger, then it would have been a meme. I think that in the future, that it will be big enough to be a meme though. But for now, go ahead and deadpool it.

Nov 30, 2009 at 04:05PM EST

Yeah. It seems like Pruane2Forever’s fame is more about the kid himself than what people have made out of him. Youtube Celeb: yes, meme: no.
Going with the deadpool.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Nov 30, 2009 at 04:09PM EST

Since when did I say confirm? That was one I definately considered deadpool. Must’ve been distracted.

Nov 30, 2009 at 06:11PM EST

you say youtube stars aren’t memes, but boxxy was a star from youtube, sure she gained alot of popularity on other sites leading to her becoming the queen of /b/ but she still was really only actually on youtube

Dec 01, 2009 at 01:31PM EST

how dare u bring up that cancerous name! lolz

Dec 01, 2009 at 01:33PM EST

If Boxxy had been uploading videos on a regular basis, doing it professionally, and looking for subscribers then it would be a different story.

But she was just some random girl that got raided by /b/. After her channel went down, /b/ created MASSIVE amounts of material about her.

The difference here is that /b/ made her a meme, not Youtube.

Boxxy the person did not actively try to promote herself. The Boxxy meme spread out of the person’s control.

Dec 01, 2009 at 01:40PM EST

Forced chris?

Dec 01, 2009 at 01:41PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!