Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Pruane2Forever: confirm why?

Last posted Dec 01, 2009 at 01:42PM EST. Added Nov 30, 2009 at 02:26PM EST
16 posts from 6 users

Real Genius, and Logan have both voted "confirm" while Redspear has voted Deadpool.

I think Pruane2Forever is a noteworthy Youtube personality. But people are not memes.

I'm thinking of deadpooling the entry for that reason. To save the entry, state WHY you think Pruane2Forever is a meme.

Don't think about it in such black and white terms.

Remember, a meme is that which is imitated. Are there Pruane imitators? Becoming the subject of parody is what makes Chris Crocker's "Leave Britney Alone" into a meme.

Some of Pruane's videos have been remixed in order to satirize him. Do you feel that there is a common thread among the remixes that we might be missing, or are the parodies and remixes vague enough to be a side-effect of Youtube Celebrity rather than being distinctively exploitable?

I think that if it would have been bigger, then it would have been a meme. I think that in the future, that it will be big enough to be a meme though. But for now, go ahead and deadpool it.

Yeah. It seems like Pruane2Forever's fame is more about the kid himself than what people have made out of him. Youtube Celeb: yes, meme: no.
Going with the deadpool.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

you say youtube stars aren't memes, but boxxy was a star from youtube, sure she gained alot of popularity on other sites leading to her becoming the queen of /b/ but she still was really only actually on youtube

If Boxxy had been uploading videos on a regular basis, doing it professionally, and looking for subscribers then it would be a different story.

But she was just some random girl that got raided by /b/. After her channel went down, /b/ created MASSIVE amounts of material about her.

The difference here is that /b/ made her a meme, not Youtube.

Boxxy the person did not actively try to promote herself. The Boxxy meme spread out of the person's control.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!