Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

25,201 total conversations in 3,443 threads

+ New Thread

Digital Protest Against the FISA Improvements Act

Last posted Feb 13, 2014 at 06:29AM EST. Added Feb 10, 2014 at 12:05AM EST
4 posts from 3 users

From the IP Law Wiki:
“The FISA Improvements Act is a proposed act by Senator Dianne Feinstein, Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee. Prompted by the disclosure of NSA surveillance by Edward Snowden, it would establish the surveillance program as legal, but impose some limitations on availability of the data. Opponents say the bill would codify warrantless access to many communications of American citizens for use by domestic law enforcement.”

Many people are will join in a protest against the FISA Improvements Act on 11 February. By the time i posted this, 5,227 sites have joined the protest, including Reddit, Duck Duck Go, Tumblr, Imgur, Mozilla, and Wikia. It’s the same as the SOPA and PIPA’s protests, except this law is about the NSA surveillance. Here is a link: https://thedaywefightback.org/

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:05AM EST

Has anyone noticed that there are almost no advancements on human rights, privacy and other things lately? I think I know why.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:50AM EST

Exactly, people just forgot all the things, and the corruption is on the boom that anyone can not do anything..!

Feb 12, 2014 at 05:05AM EST

adalinaabella wrote:

Exactly, people just forgot all the things, and the corruption is on the boom that anyone can not do anything..!

And especially because people don’t protest against the laws that have already been in effect. I bet if there was no DMCA today and organizations would threaten to make that into law, it would cause a massive uproar!

Feb 13, 2014 at 06:29AM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!