Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Adele Dazeem (Idina Menzel).

Last posted Mar 05, 2014 at 08:27PM EST. Added Mar 05, 2014 at 12:28AM EST
5 posts from 3 users

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about (which, granted, is probably a lot of you), there was a recent flub at the Oscars, courtesy of John Travolta. Travolta, as no stranger to the musical scene, took the honors of introducing Idina Menzel before she performed "Let It Go" live. However, he missed the mark entirely, and introduced her as "Adele Dazeem". He recently issued an apology for his mistake, and Idina was quick to forgive him.

That being said, the internet isn't letting Travolta off the hook so easily, and spoofs are popping up rather quickly. I think this is actually picking up steam (particularly on Tumblr), and therefore may be worthy of an article. However, at the same time, I was thinking that if it didn't, it could at least work for a hypothetical page on Idina Menzel. Come to think of it, it could also work for the Frozen page, or "Let It Go".

Here are some examples. (Sorry for linking to Perez Hilton, but you have to start somewhere with research.)

Also, relevant:

Last edited Mar 05, 2014 at 12:31AM EST

Slutty Sam wrote:

Yes, they even have a name generator for it. I know you've already started, but by all means, go ahead!

I heard a radio DJ talk about Travolta and the generator, and I thought for certain it would find its way onto here soon.

Adam DeLand wrote:

I heard a radio DJ talk about Travolta and the generator, and I thought for certain it would find its way onto here soon.

Yeah, I saw it on my local morning news station. I knew this was memeworthy when I saw it on the news, even if it's just local.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!