Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Wolverine Crush

Last posted Mar 24, 2014 at 10:25PM EDT. Added Mar 24, 2014 at 01:43AM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

Since I should really be doing something else, I'll keep this brief. I'm pretty sure most of you have seen some variant of this image floating around on the internet

I've seen quite a few other examples (but I'll keep this breif right now)

The little research I've done found that its from The X-Men Animated series season 1, episode 5: Captive Hearts which aired in 1993. I hadn't seen a thread on it yet, so I was curious if anyone thought it deserved and article. Google seems to give back "Wolverine Crush" as the best alternative to just "Wolverine meme", but if a better name exists, say something.

Last edited Mar 24, 2014 at 01:45AM EDT

Here, i have cropped the scene.

It deserves an entry because it is pretty popular exploitable image fad.
But what is the origin? Where did this start? Also what we should call it?

Mai faivu:

Last edited Mar 24, 2014 at 07:57AM EDT

Slutty Sam wrote:

Added it to Marvel for you! (Don already made the article for you if you didn't know already.)

I swear this entry existed before though! It's like Deja Vu…

Ah good to know. Thanks, though right now it's 404 from the Marvel page (it says it links to https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/wolverine-crushis)

I was sorta working on making a page, but I was having to choose between that and a report for a class. At least I got my paper done in a timely manner…
Other than mistaking Jean Grey for Rouge, the article looks good. There are some minor difference in some parts of what I was going to put, but that is likely due to my inexperience in wring articles. I hadn't even gotten around to working on spread yet, and I know that is often the hardest part of research.
I will say, I was a bit surprised the article did not exist until now.

Jill wrote:

Ah good to know. Thanks, though right now it's 404 from the Marvel page (it says it links to https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/wolverine-crushis)

I was sorta working on making a page, but I was having to choose between that and a report for a class. At least I got my paper done in a timely manner…
Other than mistaking Jean Grey for Rouge, the article looks good. There are some minor difference in some parts of what I was going to put, but that is likely due to my inexperience in wring articles. I hadn't even gotten around to working on spread yet, and I know that is often the hardest part of research.
I will say, I was a bit surprised the article did not exist until now.

Fixed the link for you!

In my opinion, real life usually takes priority over KYM work, especially if it's your job or school. KYM responsibilities are still not to be taken lightly though. At least you came up with the idea for the article even though you may not have published it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!