Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

All hail the Virtual Boy

Last posted Apr 17, 2014 at 05:35PM EDT. Added Apr 13, 2014 at 06:52AM EDT
9 posts from 7 users

This phrase was first heard 3 days ago and it's already becoming popular. It got a subreddit with over 80 subscribers (http://www.reddit.com/r/allhailthevirtualboy/) and r/Nintendo has put the image of the miis dancing around the Virtual Boy on their banner. An image that Nintendo put on their facebook page containing the same phrase has over 5000 likes. The same image was tweeted by Nintendo of America and has been retweeted over 600 times.

Here's the link to the facebook post and here's the link to the tweet

So what do you say? Should we make a "All hail the Virtual Boy" Entry now, should we wait a little more or should we not make one at all?

Last edited Apr 13, 2014 at 06:55AM EDT

majesticspace (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚☆ wrote:

I think we should wait a bit. I have a feeling it will continue to spread more, maybe as the release date of the game approaches?

That's my opinion on the matter :)

You stand correct. This trend certainly isn't very popular and I've never heard of it. I have looked into it, and yeah, it could be fairly more spread.

Okay guys. I won't make an entry about this just yet then. But I have a feeling that this will become mush more popular and more widespread as the release date for Tomodachi Life approaches, just like you said, majesticspace (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚☆. we may have to talk about this again, but for now, no entry.

Philip J. Fry wrote:

Not big enough.

You could create an entry on Tomodachi Life in general if you want, though.

That would probably be better, now that I think about it. But I think it would be best to create that entry just after the game has been released. I'll probably make another topic focused on an entry about Tomodachi Life closer to the release date.

Last edited Apr 14, 2014 at 02:17PM EDT

I'd agree that Tomodachi Life will probably be a big subculture at some point, if the direct is anything to go by. Emphasis on At some point. All we have to go on is one Nintendo Direct, that's it. That's nowhere enough for a whole entry for Tomodachi Life. I say wait and see, there's no guarantee that a subculture will even spawn out of it. Wait a few weeks after the release of the game, and then check to see how popular the game is.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!