Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,672 total conversations in 3,366 threads

+ New Thread

Expansion of the Gaia Online Article

Last posted Sep 16, 2014 at 02:33AM EDT. Added Jun 22, 2014 at 10:47PM EDT
10 posts from 4 users

Since the old thread is locked due to inactivity, I’m starting a new one.

The page is up, but it wasn’t expanded beyond the original. I’ve noticed that it lacks details on the following:

1. The Second Longcat Crusade, when 4chan invaded Gaia
  2. Shellmac’s videos, which also caught the attention of 4chan
  3. QueenOfDorks’ complaints over the Bento Bunny

I’d also write about the current state of Gaia. However, I need to see first examples on how to write about userbase revolts so that I could be guided accordingly. I expected the article about Digg to contain such a part, but I saw nothing related to Digg v4.

Last edited Jun 22, 2014 at 10:51PM EDT
Jun 22, 2014 at 10:47PM EDT

Huh, I didn’t think about that…

Yeah, the entry has been under a state of stagnation.

Yes, I’m currently aware of the user revolts, being a user myself.

We did attempt to cover Gary Schofield’s attempts to fuck up the site, but that’s the most that’s caught our attention.

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:12PM EDT

That section also needs updating. Tentacl, their adult-oriented site, has been launched (and one of the ads for it is reminiscent of the ads for Evony). Ads are also being sent through the private messaging system. And don’t forget Jason Loia’s slideshow.

Jun 23, 2014 at 06:32PM EDT

I could try writing a few paragraphs about Gaia’s past. Who should I ask for editorship?

Last edited Jun 25, 2014 at 02:41AM EDT
Jun 25, 2014 at 02:41AM EDT

And another thing: I’ve rarely seen Schofield being called as “the cancer of Gaia Online”. His better known nicknames are “Goldemort” and “he-who-must-not-be-named”.

Jul 01, 2014 at 11:08PM EDT

There was also an incident were they made troll horns from Homestuck and labeled them as “candy horns” and I believe they could make money off of them, which is not allowed because Hussie banned unofficial merchandise for Homestuck. This made a rather large controversy between MSPA Forums and Gaia and eventually all the items relating to Homestuck were retired or something.

Jul 29, 2014 at 11:33AM EDT

Yesterday, I’ve been granted editorship of the entry. I rearranged and renamed some sections, added entries on the “Highlights” section (formerly “Related Memes”) and searched on its previous name (Go-Gaia) and its award from TIME Magazine. Once those are done, I’ll expand the “Controversy” section and keep it updated whenever possible. If it becomes too long, however, it would probably need an entry of its own.

Sep 16, 2014 at 02:33AM EDT

Hauu! You must login or signup first!