Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

25,600 total conversations in 3,503 threads

+ New Thread

Elsword as a Subculture

Last posted Jul 18, 2014 at 01:15AM EDT. Added Jul 14, 2014 at 07:38PM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

I’ve been seeing a lot of stuff recently about the game Elsword online, plus, I play the game personally, and I’m surprised it’s not a recognized subculture. I mean, there’s a lot of fanart and stuff on Steam.

But that doesn’t honestly mean it should be a subculture, but who’s to say it can’t be?

Last edited Jul 14, 2014 at 07:40PM EDT

Because this site is for all things internet, that includes pictures, phrases, videos, exploitables, movements, popular subcultures, people, sites…etc.

That said, I don’t run into Elsword fans much on the internet, and it doesn’t seem to have a notable subculture. Just my two cents tho.

Ticklechap Crispybottom wrote:

Because this site is for all things internet, that includes pictures, phrases, videos, exploitables, movements, popular subcultures, people, sites…etc.

That said, I don’t run into Elsword fans much on the internet, and it doesn’t seem to have a notable subculture. Just my two cents tho.

That’s because a large fanbase of it is South Korean, where the game originated from.

John Constantine wrote:

why are sub-cultures even considered as memes? just a question.

They aren’t. They’re subcultures. Memes are memes. Subcultures HAVE memes, but they themselves are not memes. The fact that they have internet significance makes them relevant TO memes without being memes. I’m really sick of explaining this.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!