Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,695 total conversations in 3,372 threads

+ New Thread

Revision of the "Bravely Default" entry

Last posted Aug 10, 2014 at 04:57AM EDT. Added Aug 07, 2014 at 06:17PM EDT
9 posts from 6 users

It’s sad that the Bravely Default entry got deadpooled, since it has material and the original person went and messed things up. The entry deserves to be revised.

Aug 07, 2014 at 06:17PM EDT

Good game but I don’t think there’s a lot that’s memetic about it, considering that there are a lot of other Square Enix games that take the spotlight.

Aug 07, 2014 at 06:19PM EDT

Duke Crabtree wrote:

Good game but I don’t think there’s a lot that’s memetic about it, considering that there are a lot of other Square Enix games that take the spotlight.

^ Shut up and take your wrong like a man.

Aug 07, 2014 at 06:20PM EDT

Emerson Grey wrote:

^ Shut up and take your wrong like a man.

Hardly. Trying for force something into memehood does not make it a meme.

Aug 08, 2014 at 12:44AM EDT

Yeah, this was a successful and highly anticipated game. However, beyond Fanart (which just happens), it’s hard to pin this as a subculture.

Yeah, people have heard of the game, but there are very few people outside the fandom that know the elements within the game. (Note how most people who have not watched Dragon Ball know who Goku and Vegeta are, similarly a lot of people who have not played Ace Attorney know who Phoenix and Edgeworth are. Etc)

There also aren’t that many sub-memes to this nor notable derivatives I can spot. (This could be a different story in Japan, so wait for a Japanese Expert to come along)

There is potential here, however it might just be too soon. If the sequel creates as big of a splash as the first one, I can very well see this becoming a subculture. But as of right now… nope.

A good question to ask yourself before starting ANY type of entry:

“Has the subject of this entry been mutated in any way by the fans or followers of said subject to a noteable degree?”

Yes: We have Meme/Subculture/Person Material.
No: Hold off on it.

Last edited Aug 08, 2014 at 01:29AM EDT
Aug 08, 2014 at 01:26AM EDT

I know this thread is for research of the article, but while this is open, could someone explain what this game’s about and what the gameplay is like? I’ve been considering getting it for a while and I just want to know these things.

Aug 08, 2014 at 02:43AM EDT

Sam wrote:

I know this thread is for research of the article, but while this is open, could someone explain what this game’s about and what the gameplay is like? I’ve been considering getting it for a while and I just want to know these things.

Make a thread in the video games section or look it up.

Aug 08, 2014 at 02:59AM EDT

madcat wrote:

Make a thread in the video games section or look it up.

I’ll just do that then.

Aug 08, 2014 at 03:28AM EDT

Sadly, there is no internet memes related to this video game title. And, its fandom found on online communities is quite small. So I think we don’t need to revive that subculture entry.

Aug 10, 2014 at 04:57AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!