Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Need help with the Digimon article

Last posted Sep 13, 2014 at 11:58PM EDT. Added Sep 11, 2014 at 10:15PM EDT
4 posts from 3 users

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/digimon-digital-monsters

I've added some information, but I feel its lacking. I'm also unsure of what it is missing or what needs to be added. Any help is appreciated.

Ah, so this did end up happening.
Honestly, it's pretty damn good as is- great job, my friend.
Now, my first impulse was to recommend that it give an extended break-down of the franchise into each series, explaining the differences in plot, tone, and fan reaction. But then I realized that would be kind of overkill for a KYM page. However, adding in a bit of that would I think be a plus. This is especially key in relation to Digimon Tamers, how it was much darker, slower-paced, and cerebral than the previous two (as well as the first to take place in a whole different universe, now a semi-tradition), and as a result alienated much of the demographic and suffered in ratings, but today is typically viewed as the _ pièce de résistance_. (Holy shit run-on sentence.)
Also, there are a few technical errors, like how the process by which partner Digimon are able to Digivolve is explained. In this case it is important to draw the distinction between the rest of the series and Tamers (and I guess Frontier too, considering that there are no partner Digimon, and it's basically Power Rangers in the Digital World.

0.9999...=1 wrote:

Ah, so this did end up happening.
Honestly, it's pretty damn good as is- great job, my friend.
Now, my first impulse was to recommend that it give an extended break-down of the franchise into each series, explaining the differences in plot, tone, and fan reaction. But then I realized that would be kind of overkill for a KYM page. However, adding in a bit of that would I think be a plus. This is especially key in relation to Digimon Tamers, how it was much darker, slower-paced, and cerebral than the previous two (as well as the first to take place in a whole different universe, now a semi-tradition), and as a result alienated much of the demographic and suffered in ratings, but today is typically viewed as the _ pièce de résistance_. (Holy shit run-on sentence.)
Also, there are a few technical errors, like how the process by which partner Digimon are able to Digivolve is explained. In this case it is important to draw the distinction between the rest of the series and Tamers (and I guess Frontier too, considering that there are no partner Digimon, and it's basically Power Rangers in the Digital World.

Thanks, I am pretty proud of what I've done so far, considering I have no experience with Digimon at all besides Renamon. I think the article needs a few hardcore fans to touch it up because I have to research every addition I make because of my lack of experience with Digimon. I will try my best to improve the parts you mentioned. Thanks for the input.

Like @0.9999…=1 said, we need at least a bit of explaining of every season (you could fuse the Adventure and Adventure 0.2 in one) and the reception of each. Also, you should add the images of the several times Leomon died (without the spoiler tag because is little obvius).

Another important topic is the Adventure 0.2 finale. Im telling you that when that happened shitstorm raged…A LOT because it ruined almost every single character development with random things (Like Matt turning into an Astronaut when he always watned to be a musician)

Also if you add the little reception of each season, in the Xros Wars part add the "Mechanical design" part because in the fandom is a common complain about that season

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!