Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Press "F" to pay respects

Last posted Nov 04, 2014 at 01:40PM EST. Added Nov 03, 2014 at 04:27AM EST
16 posts from 13 users

So has anyone followed /v/ on 4chan? I think a new meme has been spawned. Several threads refers to a scene from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare where a QTE makes you press F to pay respects at a funural. Several threads have already been made and all general CoD:AW threads has a reference to it.

Well… They do pretty fucked up stuff in other games too… In Homefron you jump over a mass grave, in South Park the Stick of Truth (does it count?) you can fart in an aborted nazi fetus…

I know it is pretty WTF, but is not the worst thing in a game.

Well, this isn't the first instance of a meme through a simple stupid action in a game. An earlier notable example was Press X To Jason from Heavy Rain (a game filled to the brim with quick time events btw).

But it's up to the internet if this becomes a notable enough meme. Right now the game was just released and this is a moment gamers and reviewers alike can cringe about. But will it receive derivatives and the like?

Last edited Nov 03, 2014 at 01:02PM EST

Bruno the Rustler wrote:

Well… They do pretty fucked up stuff in other games too… In Homefron you jump over a mass grave, in South Park the Stick of Truth (does it count?) you can fart in an aborted nazi fetus…

I know it is pretty WTF, but is not the worst thing in a game.

It's not "fucked up". It's just stupid and breaks what emotional response the scene would otherwise invoke.

Cale wrote:

It's not "fucked up". It's just stupid and breaks what emotional response the scene would otherwise invoke.

But how else is the player supposed to simulate being 150% god-fearing true American hero who fights nazi communist atheist muslim ethnic-minority if they can't press a button to display PATRIOTISM?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!