Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,809 total conversations in 4,530 threads

+ New Thread

Watergate page

Last posted Nov 11, 2014 at 04:18PM EST. Added Nov 10, 2014 at 11:12PM EST
6 posts from 4 users

Okay I think that Watergate (as an event) needs a page (if only because the use of "gate" as a suffix) needs an origin

Any ideas on the page

An article about the "-gate" suffix being applied to scandals could definitely warrant an article, but not Watergate itself. It could be a similar thing, but about "-gate" in general:

Title: -gate (suffix)
-explanation
-short summary of watergate for background
-list of major examples w/ brief descriptions and links to relevant articles (donglegate, gamergate, etc.)

Also, relevant Wikipedia and TV Tropes articles

Snickerway wrote:

An article about the "-gate" suffix being applied to scandals could definitely warrant an article, but not Watergate itself. It could be a similar thing, but about "-gate" in general:

Title: -gate (suffix)
-explanation
-short summary of watergate for background
-list of major examples w/ brief descriptions and links to relevant articles (donglegate, gamergate, etc.)

Also, relevant Wikipedia and TV Tropes articles

Okay I'll make the article about "-gate" then. Thanks for the outline

BTW I'll need some help finding the first ONLINE instance of a scandal with -gate on it.

Last edited Nov 11, 2014 at 12:04AM EST

Having an article for "-gate" should be sufficient. As a meme/internet culture site, KYM should only have articles that discuss things that are on or directly related to the internet, or the effects of the internet on the world. Because Watergate was a pre-digital age scandal, there was no contemporary digital discussion surrounding it. For the purposes of this site, the "-gate" article contains sufficient information.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!