Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

24,606 total conversations in 3,356 threads

+ New Thread

Meme on a meme website

Last posted Aug 19, 2009 at 05:38PM EDT. Added Aug 09, 2009 at 11:55PM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

MY MIND WOULD BE BLOWN! I WUD BE LIEKOMG

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:51AM EDT

but in all truths that would be pretty crazy got ne ideas? haha even though memes arn’t usually forced that’s why they’re so awesomely epic!

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:51AM EDT

yo dawg, i herd you like know your meme, so we put a meme about know your meme on know your meme so you can read about know your meme while you read know your meme

Aug 10, 2009 at 08:01PM EDT

The minute a meme is invented on our site and actually takes off is the minute that we can no longer be an impartial reference. We do not make memes on this site.

As a site that catalogs and analyzes memes, it is not in our interests to influence the spread of memes, and we frown upon people using the site to spread their own memes.

Now, by posting original content to KYM, it has spread to 4chan.
See: http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/1-general/topics/312-my-nidodad-made-it-to-b

In effect, those who are observing and analyzing mems have influenced the place where the meme proliferated. That is a conflict of interests to our site. We would prefer if our users would refrain from posting their own original content in meme entries. We want to document memes as they occur, not cause them.

If you would like to create original content, feel free to share it in the forums. Our images section within a meme entry should represent instances FOUND, not created specifically for the entry.

Don’t mean to sound like a dick, but if you want to share original content, do so in the forums, or on 4chan its self.

Aug 10, 2009 at 08:06PM EDT

well, it could have happened, but you messed it up with forcing a meme on a site about memes

Aug 19, 2009 at 05:38PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!