Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Edit: This is what I see with my X closed

Last posted Jan 08, 2010 at 04:54PM EST. Added Jan 05, 2010 at 11:21AM EST
13 posts from 6 users

Yeah, it looks like you've found one. Started December 3rd.

That vid has about 29,000 views.

Gotta love the 8 bit music too.

This is What I see With My Ears Closed – 13k views.

This is What I see With My Hands Closed – 9,503 views

There are a lot more, but with very low views. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="this+is+what+I+see+with+my"&search_type=&aq=f

The first couple have decent views, but I don't know if it's getting any bigger. Creative though!

Lots of new users tend to rush right into submitting a new entry to the Meme Database before bothering to start a discussion, and without providing any kind of info. You did well by asking about it on the forums first.

I can't resist it. I've gotta post a long list of embeds of this meme. I don't think it's quite ready for an entry, but this is the best GMOD meme I've seen yet.

Views over time is generally a good thing to measure. So are the video responses and other instances of the meme.

I'm not so sure if you'll find it used outside of Youtube, but that's not so important. Garry's Mod is both a content creating platform and a community. So when considering what community the meme is inhabiting, it's not as much about Youtube as it is about Garry's Mod. This meme obviously can't be replicated in Youtube poop. You must have Garry's Mod and one of the space maps (gm_solarsystem, gm_new-worlds, or sb_gooniverse) in order to create it. Sure, you could chop up the video into Youtube Poop, but that would be more of a sub-meme.

What I LOVE about this meme, is how it's not another one of these boring rehashes of the sound clips built into TF2. It seems like people try to turn every single TF2 catchphrase into a video fad. That gets boring. This is entirely different. The videos have a common format throughout them, and they're centered more around GMOD than the game elements that can be used in GMOD.

@chris
Thank you for the info.

@jack
I didn't, I joined here to post a video of an nice epicroll.

And a short while after I found this video, checked knowyourmeme, searched the forum, watched how others posted meme-threads, and posted this video.

Namaste! You must login or signup first!