Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Pepsi Products (mountain dew and doritos) and The Pepsi Company

Last posted Mar 03, 2015 at 04:22PM EST. Added Mar 03, 2015 at 02:57AM EST
9 posts from 4 users

Alright sheeple. This company's products doritos and mountain dew definitely need to be added. Doritos is used a lot to parody extreme advertising on Montage Parodies and we also got doritos image fads, such as doritos hair rm currently added.
And the mountain dew. We still remind the 4chan invasion and cover parodies and yet the hardcore usage on mlg videos.
Now i opened this thread because i need to be sure how these products will be covered. I suggest to open a Pepsi co. entry first and seperate these two products. Because they have their own minor memes like i pointed. It will also better for the search results.
But if you think creating just a single entry, covering everything i just mentioned would be better, share your reasons. But i am still sticking with 3 seperate entries.

Last edited Mar 03, 2015 at 03:10AM EST

If you gonna ask what exactly we are going to add to the Pepsi Co. entry there are good notable things such as "Pepsi man", maybe coke-pepsi comparisons, some scandals like that pepsi game-jam and their marketting exc..

I would personally go with a combined Doritos + Mountain Dew page, since the two are practically inseperable on the Internet. Pepsi brands in general, I'm not so sure about, since there really isn't too much to say about them.

Hey. Dont forget that Pepsi is a pioneer of some good memeworthy things on the internet. Like Cheetos. Just search for the "dangerously cheesy" on google. Or "bro pass the controller". god we even have a kym injoke including cheetos
Back to the doritos and MD… Like i said. Doritos already spawned its own submemes already. Merging them wouldn't be accurate.

Last edited Mar 03, 2015 at 09:38AM EST

Even if it's the case, Doritos + Mountain Dew are a notable enough duo to deserve an article. We have an article on Doritosgate, which is probably the origin of its memetic status, but I don't think that article is suited to cover the phenomenon.

I'm gonna agree with Roy. There is not much memetic about Pepsico itself, it are its product brands that have the memes.

+1 Mountain Dewritos
-1 Pepsico

RandomMan wrote:

I'm gonna agree with Roy. There is not much memetic about Pepsico itself, it are its product brands that have the memes.

+1 Mountain Dewritos
-1 Pepsico

In that case, I can start working on it later tonight.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!