Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Jostin's To Do list (This is totally not ripping-off Watcher in any way):

Last posted Jan 25, 2010 at 12:35PM EST. Added Jan 20, 2010 at 05:18AM EST
14 posts from 8 users

This is, so far, a complete list of all the memes I plan to make articles for. The main reason I'm listing them down is so that I can have an easy reference page to go to and so that, for those who want to, I can gain some assistance with the research.

If you think some of the articles I plan to make in the future aren't memes, please speak out your thoughts and explain why.

Well, without further ado, here they are with one derivative each and several links to other sites/videos this meme appears in:

Sturgeon Face (Photo Meme)

- SturgeonFace.com
- Urban Dictionary

Horse Head Mask (Internet-Created Character)

- Video 1
- Video 2
- Video 3

Animutations (Some sort of Remix Video Meme. Not YTP, IMO. This is something different)

- Wikipedia
- Encyclopedia Dramatica
- Urban Dictionary
- Uncyclopedia
- Video

Kate Gosselin's Hair (Shooping Meme)

- Buzzfeed
- UsMagazine.com

Jesusland (Political Meme)

- Wikipedia
- Uncyclopedia
- Urban Dictionary

Suddenly, X. Thousands of Them! (Word-Insertion Meme)

- Macrochan
- Video 1
- Video 2

Bonsai Kitten (LOLcat Meme)

- Wikipedia
- Encyclopedia Dramatica
- Uncyclopedia

X is Not Your Personal Army (Word-Insertion Meme)

- Encyclopedia Dramatica
- Urban Dictionary

X Shreds (Audio-Altering Meme)

- Video 1
- Video 2
- Video 3

Mouth Eyes (Shooping Meme)

- Buzzfeed
- Freaking News
- Crackunit.com

That's all for now. I may add more memes I remember/discover to this list soon.

Peace.

Last edited Jan 20, 2010 at 05:18AM EST

Looking good so far.

One thing, though. Bonsai kittens are not lolcats. I remember seeing this in 2001. bonsaikitten.com was this was a hoax site, claiming that they were creating bonsai kittens as a form of art.

The site's author basically explained how newborn kittens would be placed in jars, so that as they grew they would take on the contours of their containers.

It got a lot people upset.

Because the Internet is made of cats. Also, Bonsai Kittens make an appearance in this video.

EDIT: Embeds from Rathergood.com don't work here.
Go here instead: http://www.rathergood.com/cats

Last edited Jan 20, 2010 at 10:10AM EST

@Watcher

I-I don't know what your talking about… (shifts eyes left and right)

/sarcasm

@Chris

Thanks for the insight. If it would interest you, here's a replica of the original BonsaiKitten.com website: http://www.ding.net/bonsaikitten/index.html

I'll get to researching these memes once my exams are over (they're starting next week and I need to study. I'm sure you'll understand).

Apparently after talking with my Compatriots on /tg as well as being a google lurker, I have found that "Suddenly X, Thousands of Them" was once a demotivational arguement, resulting in a lot of rage.

Origin points to the close 2005. Seems the arguement is more prevalent then the actual original posting of it.

When I had the spare time to do so some days ago, I had originally thought that this was the origin of the meme seeing as it was the earliest instance of the (almost exact) phrasing I could find:

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/dracolight/YGO/postban/sninja.html (March 25, 2006)

Though, if what you say is true, I may have to redo my research. Perhaps, to make it easier for me, you could post a link to the site where it happened.

Much obliged for the help, Eric!

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!