Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

25,012 total conversations in 3,417 threads

+ New Thread

Weird new meme or something?

Last posted Aug 24, 2009 at 07:54PM EDT. Added Aug 24, 2009 at 07:23PM EDT
6 posts from 3 users

Yeah, hi all, new member, blah blah blah.

Don’t be confused. Not a newfag. I can triforce. =/

Anyways, I’ve sort of grown fond of this site and finally decided to get in on participating with it. I don’t think adding a full meme entry yet is appropriate so I’ll start here.

I’ve been looking through the database and I can’t seem to find this weird one that has a few instances on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCna9ia9aCU&feature=related

That features our beloved Weegee, but the trend with this meme seems to be to spell them incorrectly/phonetically. Another commonality would be “KEENG HAURKINEEIN” (King Harkinian) in the tags of these five second videos, and appears to be the name of this fad (but there is nothing in the database, it seems). They also seem to attract a lot of polish viewers? Apparently the original was made by mistergiygas, and that video has been removed for whatever reason (many of the spin-offs complain that it was).

Anyone else like to clarify whether this would be considered a new meme or just a weird YTP thing that will die out in a few weeks?

Aug 24, 2009 at 07:23PM EDT

Hmm most of the videos have relatively low viewcounts.

It seems Squidward/Morbid Krabs-esque.

I don’t think you should rush to make an entry.

Aug 24, 2009 at 07:27PM EDT

Precisely why it’s here and not in the memes section.

I haven’t looked at everything yet, so I’m not sure if this is a sub-meme to something else or if it’s just something a few people did on YouTube cause they were bored, but I might as well throw it into the open for good measure.

Aug 24, 2009 at 07:30PM EDT

If only more users were like you Hitman Spike then we wouldn’t have entries like this.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hai-sanwich

Aug 24, 2009 at 07:35PM EDT

Ha. That’s some impressive fail. Not many people have a lot of common sense. It’s ironic that we talk about /b/tards and 4chan all the time like they’re the great Einsteins of memes or something then a guy like this comes along and just, " ಠ_ಠ "

Aug 24, 2009 at 07:44PM EDT

There seriously should be some sort of Meme Comprehension Test before someone can make an entry.

Aug 24, 2009 at 07:54PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!