Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Succ / She Succ Me / Get the Succ

Last posted Sep 07, 2015 at 05:02PM EDT. Added Sep 05, 2015 at 12:54AM EDT
4 posts from 4 users

WARNING: Dangerously concentrated shitpost contained in this topic. It's dirty work, and it may be impossible, but it's happening online and it must be documented.
Fresh out the ironic meme factory (the line between them and sincere memes blurring every day) comes SpongeBob meme #4375 "succ". It appears to be popular on iFunny (not that I go there), but it may have started on Tumblr, or anywhere. It also appears on 4chan, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, meme making sites, some SpongeBob forums, as well as some small dedicated subreddits. It's making the rounds all over the place, much like the entirety of "dank" ironic meme culture in general (how much of it is actually ironic anymore is up in the air).

It appears to have started from this image, but I really have no fucking idea:

Two of many derivatives of this one image:

This comic arose from the image, and even got a Coaxed Into a Snafu style remake:

This SpongeBob face (I don't know which episode) is recurring:

This "UGLY SON OF A BITCH"-esque image also gained traction:

Many of them seem to be parodying "ghetto Twitter memes" as well as Instagram filter decay from excessive reposting.

It grew beyond SpongeBob and just became a general memetic phrase, often poorly edited over pre-existing captions:

http://i.imgur.com/IzbV1iq.png!

God help the brave soul who attempts to write the entry for this mysteriously originating, unholy fuck-heap of a meme.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!