Forums / Meme Research

20,021 total conversations in 3,228 threads

+ New Thread


Featured Featured
Japanese memes

Last posted Apr 14, 2014 at 11:24AM EDT. Added Feb 25, 2010 at 10:59AM EST
1,048 conversations with 60 participants

How come the videos involving Inmu or Billy Herrington/Wrestling Series were always censored? Is it possible to upload an uncensored version of these?

Last edited Mar 28, 2013 at 10:43PM EDT
Mar 28, 2013 at 10:41PM EDT
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

Mona,
can you please explain me, what this f**king AA Character from 2channel is?
It’s name is やる夫.

Yaruo is a popular shift-JIS art spread from 2channel’s /news/ and /news4vip/ boards. As you can see, his personality is represented by that annoying face expression. But any other specific characteristics aren’t given to him, his’s used in very versatile ways from usual conversations to flaming wars.

Since many 2channel affiliated blogs reprinted Yaruo-related threads in those boards from 2007, It had much spread over the whole of Japanese web. It’s not too much to say that Yaruo is the icon of 2channel in late 2000s, as well as Giko and Mona in early 2000s.

Mar 29, 2013 at 08:24AM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

I keep seeing this animated series. Is it becoming a meme?

It was a fad among some NND users.

He is Kumakichi(クマ吉) from Detective Usami-chan series in Japanese TV anime series Gag Manga Biyori. I guess, you can find some subbed videos of this anime on online. Please check those. You’ll realize how kinky Kumakichi is. And that’s the reason why he had been frequently used in MAD videos circa 2008-2010.

Gag Manga Biyori MAD video is nothing more than an inside fad in niconico. And we need a subbed video of the original footage or translated scripts to explain the fad. unless we have it, we can’t do anything.

Last edited Mar 29, 2013 at 08:42AM EDT
Mar 29, 2013 at 08:31AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

How come the videos involving Inmu or Billy Herrington/Wrestling Series were always censored? Is it possible to upload an uncensored version of these?

Impossible. Japanese law prohibits people to show penises or vaginas in videos and pictures. So all of porn videos uploaded to the Japanese web services must be always censored. And because Inmu videos are produced in Japan, there are no uncensored versions.

Last edited Mar 29, 2013 at 08:41AM EDT
Mar 29, 2013 at 08:40AM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

Impossible. Japanese law prohibits people to show penises or vaginas in videos and pictures. So all of porn videos uploaded to the Japanese web services must be always censored. And because Inmu videos are produced in Japan, there are no uncensored versions.

That’s right. You post an uncensored version of a video, it will be detected easily, it’s deleted, your account declared sanctioned.

About the “Inmu inside jokes” you said to me some time ago, why not list those jokes and mention them on both the article on KYM (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/a-midsummer-nights-lewd-dream) and the article on the Niconico Douga Wiki (http://niconicodouga.wikia.com/wiki/A_Midsummer_Night%27s_Dirty_Dream)?

Last edited Mar 29, 2013 at 09:35AM EDT
Mar 29, 2013 at 09:34AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

That’s right. You post an uncensored version of a video, it will be detected easily, it’s deleted, your account declared sanctioned.

About the “Inmu inside jokes” you said to me some time ago, why not list those jokes and mention them on both the article on KYM (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/a-midsummer-nights-lewd-dream) and the article on the Niconico Douga Wiki (http://niconicodouga.wikia.com/wiki/A_Midsummer_Night%27s_Dirty_Dream)?

> Inmu inside jokes

Hmm, explaining them is quite difficult. Inmu people usually make conversations by mimicking the atmosphere of many popular remarks in Inmu videos, not borrowing phrases directly. Its nuance generated by gay porn actors awfully poor performances is hardly explained in English…

Mar 29, 2013 at 04:12PM EDT
Quote

Hey, I’m not really knowledgeable when it comes to Japanese memes, so I’d like your advice on something. Recently, I’ve been going through adding subculture entries where I see necessary (such as Lucky Star), and there was 4 other entries I was considering, but I decided to run them past you guys before I create them. They are:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gundam
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist
Now two of them (Gundam and Gurren Lagann) I’ve been planning to create for a while now, but the other two I’ve not been as sure about. This leaves me with three questions:
1. Are they worthy for documentation?
2. Are there any notable memes that aren’t documented here that are connected with them? (This one I extend to Lucky Star as well, because I vaguely remember Mona mentioning that there were more memes related to Lucky Star than documented in the entry itself)
3. Are there any other popular series that may need documenting here? (I know that you’ve already said no to it, but Naruto does seem pretty popular)
For Gundam and Gurren Lagann, I am planning to make an entry, as previously stated, but it’s always good to get another opinion.

Apr 05, 2013 at 02:43PM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

えんだああああああシリーズ looks like a small fad. Does it deserve its own entry? Probably not, but it looks interesting. I even found this and uploaded it to DailyMotion:


ゆっくりさんにWhitney_HoustonのI_Will_Always_Love… by 1983parrothead

xD This fad makes me shit like hell everytime I see it’s videos. One video has 1 million views. I think it’s ready for an entry.

Apr 05, 2013 at 04:46PM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

> Inmu inside jokes

Hmm, explaining them is quite difficult. Inmu people usually make conversations by mimicking the atmosphere of many popular remarks in Inmu videos, not borrowing phrases directly. Its nuance generated by gay porn actors awfully poor performances is hardly explained in English…

Is it the same thing as the Gachimuchi videos, then?
I mean, I don’t think Billy Herrington is popular in Japan for his “wonderful” performance in his movies.

Apr 05, 2013 at 09:13PM EDT
Quote

Now the time to reply!!!

@1983parrothead
> I Will Always Love You

A series of MAD videos utilizing this song is called “Andaaaaaah series” (えんだああああああシリーズ), which comes from the famous line. And yeah, it’s a small fad on NND.

As you know, once putting this song, everything easily changes so dramatic:)

Probably its entry will never be confirmed as well as other NND MAD entries in the db. But its origin is a famous English song. It has a little possibility to get interest.

Last edited Apr 06, 2013 at 02:56PM EDT
Apr 06, 2013 at 02:55PM EDT
Quote

Random 21 wrote:

Hey, I’m not really knowledgeable when it comes to Japanese memes, so I’d like your advice on something. Recently, I’ve been going through adding subculture entries where I see necessary (such as Lucky Star), and there was 4 other entries I was considering, but I decided to run them past you guys before I create them. They are:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gundam
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist
Now two of them (Gundam and Gurren Lagann) I’ve been planning to create for a while now, but the other two I’ve not been as sure about. This leaves me with three questions:
1. Are they worthy for documentation?
2. Are there any notable memes that aren’t documented here that are connected with them? (This one I extend to Lucky Star as well, because I vaguely remember Mona mentioning that there were more memes related to Lucky Star than documented in the entry itself)
3. Are there any other popular series that may need documenting here? (I know that you’ve already said no to it, but Naruto does seem pretty popular)
For Gundam and Gurren Lagann, I am planning to make an entry, as previously stated, but it’s always good to get another opinion.

I think if one anime has 3-4 internet memes/fads in worldwide, it will deserve to be documented.

> Neon Genesis Evangelion & Gundam

I don’t have any good idea to utilize Gundam & Eva entry in KYM because both of them is a huge social phenomenon in here Japan. These impacts extend far beyond the internet. Every notable remarks and scenes has been already introduced to otaku’s usual conversations. So, there are no memes/fads which are countable as internet ones.

Here in Japan, internet has no space to cause memes/fads for them…

> Gurren Lagann

Guren Lagann’s eye-catch had been reused in MAD videos on NND. But it’s a too small fad to have an entry.

NND – Search results for グレンラガンパロ

And there are no other internet memes/fads.

> Full Metal Alchemist

Only Nii-san. Sony Pictures, the copyright holder of FMA anime series, strictly prohibits every single user creations. So FMA can’t have any memes/fads on video sharing services. Besides, it doesn’t have any illustration memes/fads in illustrators communities.

Apr 06, 2013 at 03:37PM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

Now the time to reply!!!

@1983parrothead
> I Will Always Love You

A series of MAD videos utilizing this song is called “Andaaaaaah series” (えんだああああああシリーズ), which comes from the famous line. And yeah, it’s a small fad on NND.

As you know, once putting this song, everything easily changes so dramatic:)

Probably its entry will never be confirmed as well as other NND MAD entries in the db. But its origin is a famous English song. It has a little possibility to get interest.

The fad was probably created as a tribute to Whitney Houston after she passed away.

Apr 06, 2013 at 03:51PM EDT
Quote

Tomberry wrote:

Is it the same thing as the Gachimuchi videos, then?
I mean, I don’t think Billy Herrington is popular in Japan for his “wonderful” performance in his movies.

Right. The popularity of Gachimuchi videos are caused by phonetic translated phrases. No Gachimuch fans knows their acting is wonderful because Japanese isn’t able to neither listen English speaking nor understand foreigner’s acting. But they enjoy Gachimuchi videos by putting the flavour of ridiculousness coming from the phonetic translations. Of course, Mr. Herrington’s persona as the “Big Brother” is given by those phonetic translations which sound pretty cool.

We haven’t written about the notability of these phonetic translations in Gachimuchi’s entry. We have to do a massive rehaul someday.

Apr 06, 2013 at 03:59PM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

I think if one anime has 3-4 internet memes/fads in worldwide, it will deserve to be documented.

> Neon Genesis Evangelion & Gundam

I don’t have any good idea to utilize Gundam & Eva entry in KYM because both of them is a huge social phenomenon in here Japan. These impacts extend far beyond the internet. Every notable remarks and scenes has been already introduced to otaku’s usual conversations. So, there are no memes/fads which are countable as internet ones.

Here in Japan, internet has no space to cause memes/fads for them…

> Gurren Lagann

Guren Lagann’s eye-catch had been reused in MAD videos on NND. But it’s a too small fad to have an entry.

NND – Search results for グレンラガンパロ

And there are no other internet memes/fads.

> Full Metal Alchemist

Only Nii-san. Sony Pictures, the copyright holder of FMA anime series, strictly prohibits every single user creations. So FMA can’t have any memes/fads on video sharing services. Besides, it doesn’t have any illustration memes/fads in illustrators communities.

By the looks of things, I’ll be dropping FMA, but I’ll definitely keep the other three. So far, meme wise, there’s:

Gurren Lagann:

Row Row Fight the Power
Eyecatch Parodies
Kamina Glasses
When I’m Bored

Gundam:

Jumping onto White Base
Zeta Punch
Chinese Gundam
Cardboard Box Gundam
Shining Finger Sword

Neon Genesis Evangelion :

The Gendo Pose
Gendowned
A Cruel Angel’s Thesis parodies

Apr 06, 2013 at 06:43PM EDT
Quote

sm20378012 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
茂美ファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、茂美の方、ごめんなさい(テンプレ)
後半がかわいいので、普通の音MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ(テンプレ)

sm19726941 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
大豆ファンの方、かんなぎファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
後半がアブラハムなので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

sm19333155 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
あずにゃんファンの方、けいおんファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
後半が汚いので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

sm19455581 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
Darudeファンの方、シウバファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
後半が汚いので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

sm15851127 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
野中ファンの方、まどマギファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
後半が汚いので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

Why some of the Sakura Storm videos always have that description?

Apr 07, 2013 at 06:18AM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

The fad was probably created as a tribute to Whitney Houston after she passed away.

I just don’t know that. Several hit videos already existed in 2011. And here in Japan, Whitney Houston aren’t enough popular to get tribute by young internet users enjoying MAD videos.

I think there is a weak association between between this MAD videos series and her death.

Apr 07, 2013 at 01:51PM EDT
Quote

Random 21 wrote:

By the looks of things, I’ll be dropping FMA, but I’ll definitely keep the other three. So far, meme wise, there’s:

Gurren Lagann:

Row Row Fight the Power
Eyecatch Parodies
Kamina Glasses
When I’m Bored

Gundam:

Jumping onto White Base
Zeta Punch
Chinese Gundam
Cardboard Box Gundam
Shining Finger Sword

Neon Genesis Evangelion :

The Gendo Pose
Gendowned
A Cruel Angel’s Thesis parodies

Hmm, I hesitate to put “When I’m Bored” under Glenn Lagann. That movie montage series itself isn’t related to the anime though the trigger video featured Yoko.
But rest of them are really countable as sub-meme of each anime.

Apr 07, 2013 at 02:54PM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

sm20378012 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
茂美ファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、茂美の方、ごめんなさい(テンプレ)
後半がかわいいので、普通の音MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ(テンプレ)

sm19726941 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
大豆ファンの方、かんなぎファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
後半がアブラハムなので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

sm19333155 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
あずにゃんファンの方、けいおんファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
後半が汚いので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

sm19455581 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
Darudeファンの方、シウバファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
後半が汚いので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

sm15851127 (PARTIAL EXCERPT)
野中ファンの方、まどマギファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
後半が汚いので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

Why some of the Sakura Storm videos always have that description?

The answer is (テンプレ). It literally means “Template”. That is one of Inmu-inside jokes of fixed phrase.

> _X_ファンの方、_Y_ファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
> 後半が汚いので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

This fixed phrase roughly means:

Fans of X, Y and Ryu☆, Sorry.
As its later part is so dirty, go back if you want orthodox MADs, please. (Template)

As same as other Inside jokes, it doesn’t have so much meaning. You don’t have to pay any attention to it.

Apr 07, 2013 at 03:06PM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

The answer is (テンプレ). It literally means “Template”. That is one of Inmu-inside jokes of fixed phrase.

> _X_ファンの方、_Y_ファンの方、Ryu☆ファンの方、ごめんなさい><
> 後半が汚いので、正統派MADが見たい方は帰って、どうぞ。(テンプレ)

This fixed phrase roughly means:

Fans of X, Y and Ryu☆, Sorry.
As its later part is so dirty, go back if you want orthodox MADs, please. (Template)

As same as other Inside jokes, it doesn’t have so much meaning. You don’t have to pay any attention to it.

Like a disclaimer if they might get offended.

Apr 07, 2013 at 11:09PM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

Like a disclaimer if they might get offended.

Yes, that was a disclaimer in the trigger video of this Sakura Storm MAD video series. Other MAD video editors are just following the manner of the original.

Apr 08, 2013 at 08:43AM EDT
Quote

New memes submitted:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/syobon-action-cat-mario

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lets-go-onmyouji

Last edited Apr 08, 2013 at 03:16PM EDT
Apr 08, 2013 at 03:14PM EDT
Quote

http://imageshack.us/f/96/yamero3.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/826/yamero2.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/132/yamero1.png/

We got a surge. Fake OtoMADs with a set of same thumbnails lasting 4 or 5 seconds. What is going on?

Apr 09, 2013 at 01:07AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

http://imageshack.us/f/96/yamero3.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/826/yamero2.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/132/yamero1.png/

We got a surge. Fake OtoMADs with a set of same thumbnails lasting 4 or 5 seconds. What is going on?

ギャリー (/user/33108983) is the creator of these short, useless pieces of bullshits. In fact: He is an attention whore trying to get views by only making 5 second long videos. If he doesn’t stop, then will be deleted, because of useless spamming. Don’t pay any attention to his shit.

Last edited Apr 09, 2013 at 10:08AM EDT
Apr 09, 2013 at 10:04AM EDT
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

ギャリー (/user/33108983) is the creator of these short, useless pieces of bullshits. In fact: He is an attention whore trying to get views by only making 5 second long videos. If he doesn’t stop, then will be deleted, because of useless spamming. Don’t pay any attention to his shit.

Then how do I report this user on Niconico?

Apr 10, 2013 at 04:47AM EDT
Quote

@mona_jpn
> A Midsummer Night’s Dirty Dream
During the “Inmu Inside Joke” part of the “A Midsummer Night’s Dirty Dream” videos, why there are あのさぁ。。。’s commented in response?

Is it because they want to report such video?

Apr 12, 2013 at 05:54AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

@mona_jpn
> A Midsummer Night’s Dirty Dream
During the “Inmu Inside Joke” part of the “A Midsummer Night’s Dirty Dream” videos, why there are あのさぁ。。。’s commented in response?

Is it because they want to report such video?

> あのさぁ・・・

あのさぁ・・・ is also a part of the inside jokes according to the A Midsummer Night’s Dirty Dream-culture. あのさぁ・・・ is used as an expression of being surprised, that’s why the I’m so happy, Sakura Storm, Sakura Reflection MADs have another source at the very end.
Translation: Oh… or Well that…

The word あのさぁ・・・ comes from the 3rd release of the A Midsummer Night’s Lewd Dream-series. It’s video is titled Babylon34 真夏の夜の淫夢 2章. In this video, there are DRVS and NSOK fucking together. I don’t know what they else do.

Apr 12, 2013 at 06:52AM EDT
Quote

提供目 (Sponsor Eyes).

Does this very funny meme deserve an entry?
I have recognized this meme, when I was watching the MAD video with Werther’s Original CM and the U.N. Owen was her? REMIX.

But when has it really started and in which anime did this accident happen?

Apr 17, 2013 at 06:48AM EDT
Quote

Looks like we got a surge about the 膳 OtoMADs! Somebody is reposting the videos in a pitch/speed-up style! The descriptions in these videos involved “TAS”!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20664547
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20664369
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663863
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663835
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663811
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663765
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663732
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663702
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663663
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658703
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658698
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658672
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658689
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658684

Apr 22, 2013 at 12:26AM EDT
Quote

Hello. I have not been around in a long while. But it seems like the 進撃の巨人 (Attack on Titans) OP is starting to become popular for MAD videos. It’s kind of too early to say anything, but so far it seems to have pretty good appeal for being one of those songs that can go with anything. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it become a fad in the west too.

進撃の巨人OP差し替えシリーズ has 433 total hits on Nico.

The most popular version already has over one million views.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20581688

Last edited Apr 23, 2013 at 01:58AM EDT
Apr 23, 2013 at 01:56AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

Looks like we got a surge about the 膳 OtoMADs! Somebody is reposting the videos in a pitch/speed-up style! The descriptions in these videos involved “TAS”!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20664547
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20664369
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663863
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663835
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663811
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663765
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663732
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663702
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20663663
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658703
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658698
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658672
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658689
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20658684

I talked and someone else talked about this fad earlier than now.
I think it needs an entry. I’ll make it, but not today.

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:01PM EDT
Quote

Alokp wrote:

Hello. I have not been around in a long while. But it seems like the 進撃の巨人 (Attack on Titans) OP is starting to become popular for MAD videos. It’s kind of too early to say anything, but so far it seems to have pretty good appeal for being one of those songs that can go with anything. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it become a fad in the west too.

進撃の巨人OP差し替えシリーズ has 433 total hits on Nico.

The most popular version already has over one million views.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20581688

Holy shit, this is pretty good. Entry is needed. but I won’t make it.

Apr 23, 2013 at 03:05PM EDT
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

提供目 (Sponsor Eyes).

Does this very funny meme deserve an entry?
I have recognized this meme, when I was watching the MAD video with Werther’s Original CM and the U.N. Owen was her? REMIX.

But when has it really started and in which anime did this accident happen?

Indeed, “Sponsor Eyes” is a slang term among anime otakus. But it has sometimes happened in TV programs not limited to anime. Besides, some of them definitely happen intentional by playful mind of anime staffs. Because it happened randomly, it had rarity value. Remixes or photo collages reproducing “Sponsor Eyes” purposely are just a trash by non-creative people.

I don’t think it deserve to have an entry in KYM. TVtropes will be better place for this term to be documented.

Apr 27, 2013 at 01:27PM EDT
Quote

Alokp wrote:

Hello. I have not been around in a long while. But it seems like the 進撃の巨人 (Attack on Titans) OP is starting to become popular for MAD videos. It’s kind of too early to say anything, but so far it seems to have pretty good appeal for being one of those songs that can go with anything. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it become a fad in the west too.

進撃の巨人OP差し替えシリーズ has 433 total hits on Nico.

The most popular version already has over one million views.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm20581688

This kind of OP/ED parodies just swapping visuals will be soon got tired. If it has an additional episode like spreading to Westerners fandoms or becoming to a source for YTPs, I’ll be positive to make an entry for it. Unless so, I don’t want to spend time for it.

Apr 27, 2013 at 02:04PM EDT
Quote

Are there any K-ON related memes other than Untan and JAKA JAN? I’m thinking about creating a K-ON subculture entry.

Last edited May 07, 2013 at 10:56AM EDT
May 07, 2013 at 10:55AM EDT
Quote

1983parrothead wrote:

Are there any K-ON related memes other than Untan and JAKA JAN? I’m thinking about creating a K-ON subculture entry.

1st OP theme Cagayake!GIRLS was especially popular among Train
MADs
creators. On the other hand, the 2nd season OP theme GO!GO!MANIAC has several hundreds parody videos. KYM will not be able to deadpool entries for both of them even though those are mere an inside fad in NND. Yatte Yaru Desu (ヤッテヤルデス), an illustration fad of a creepy creature delivered from Azusa, may be a minor fad, lacking of notability for documentation.

And Fistful Of Yen may be a sub-meme.

These are all I can think of.

May 07, 2013 at 01:57PM EDT
Quote

Don’t know if this mentioned before, but does anyone know something about these mash ups with a Bollywood film? I’ve been running into these for quite sometime, and uploaded this video in the MAD entry.

May 07, 2013 at 11:19PM EDT
Quote

VanManner wrote:

Don’t know if this mentioned before, but does anyone know something about these mash ups with a Bollywood film? I’ve been running into these for quite sometime, and uploaded this video in the MAD entry.

Yeah, Audio dubbing videos utilizing sharp and groovy dances in Bollywood films are popular style of MAD video on NND. And those are under the influence of Tunak Tunak Tun Dance that also became popular on NND around 2007.

Unfortunately, NND has no specific tags for those style of videos. We need some techniques to list up them in search results like this below.

Popular Source videos are:

Shankar Dada MBBS

The actor is also known as Golimar.

Ashok

I don’t know which is better that we make individual entries for each movie or make one bollywood film entry. But as many of most viewed videos on NND seem to be reprinted to YouTube, it’ll be easy to fill the video galleries.

Last edited May 09, 2013 at 05:36PM EDT
May 09, 2013 at 05:33PM EDT
Quote

We gotta discuss this Inmu inside fad:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/サイクロップス先輩
サイクロップス先輩 (Mr. Cyclops (?))

May 10, 2013 at 07:22AM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

We gotta discuss this Inmu inside fad:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/tag/サイクロップス先輩
サイクロップス先輩 (Mr. Cyclops (?))

Hello, Inmuchū. hahaha

> Cyclops Senpai

Cyclops Senpai became a fad among Inmufags as a resource for OTO MADs around the summer of 2012. This name comes from a package picture of a gay porn video, in which a man with silver body painting is wearing a goggle (correctly, that is a head mount display).

(NSWF!!*) Package picture

There was no description about this gay porn actor. But Inmufags found this video in 2011 and identified he was Yaju Senpai by his high-pitched breathy voice they had been familiar with for a long time. And because that goggle looked like that of Cyclops in X-men, Yaju Senpai in this video became to be called Cyclops Senpai.

Besides, it was used in an opening sequence in the video, Darude’s Sandstorm is also very popular among inmufags, and has been frequently reused in MAD videos in Cyclops Senpai series

May 10, 2013 at 04:14PM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

Hello, Inmuchū. hahaha

> Cyclops Senpai

Cyclops Senpai became a fad among Inmufags as a resource for OTO MADs around the summer of 2012. This name comes from a package picture of a gay porn video, in which a man with silver body painting is wearing a goggle (correctly, that is a head mount display).

(NSWF!!*) Package picture

There was no description about this gay porn actor. But Inmufags found this video in 2011 and identified he was Yaju Senpai by his high-pitched breathy voice they had been familiar with for a long time. And because that goggle looked like that of Cyclops in X-men, Yaju Senpai in this video became to be called Cyclops Senpai.

Besides, it was used in an opening sequence in the video, Darude’s Sandstorm is also very popular among inmufags, and has been frequently reused in MAD videos in Cyclops Senpai series

Shall we mention this fad along with some of the other Inmu fads as seperate submemes?

Last edited May 10, 2013 at 11:19PM EDT
May 10, 2013 at 11:17PM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

Shall we mention this fad along with some of the other Inmu fads as seperate submemes?

Hmm, I want to leave Inmu entries to you guys. Of course, I can do some assists for you making entries whenever you want. But I’m not so enthusiastic to it. I’m not interested in Inmu world so much.

On the other hand, as far as I’m concerned, Guts Pose Inmu-kun Series is suitable to being documented in KYM because it’s the same type fad to “Guile’s Theme Goes Everything” and it’s quite easy to understand.

May 11, 2013 at 09:43AM EDT
Quote

この木なんの木
Why is this song so much parodied on the japanese web and why is the song accompanied with a tree? Can you tell me, mona?

May 11, 2013 at 02:59PM EDT
Quote

gi97ol wrote:

この木なんの木
Why is this song so much parodied on the japanese web and why is the song accompanied with a tree? Can you tell me, mona?

> Konoki Nannoki (What kind of tree is this?)

That’s because this song is well-known TVCM song running for many decades by Japanese electronics company HITACHI. We Japanese have heard that song for many times in our life. And as you can watch on this video gallery below, This TVCM series always features big monkeypod trees.

http://www.hitachinoki.net/tvcm/movie/chronology_cm.html?cmNum=9

May 11, 2013 at 04:20PM EDT
Quote

mona_jpn wrote:

Hmm, I want to leave Inmu entries to you guys. Of course, I can do some assists for you making entries whenever you want. But I’m not so enthusiastic to it. I’m not interested in Inmu world so much.

On the other hand, as far as I’m concerned, Guts Pose Inmu-kun Series is suitable to being documented in KYM because it’s the same type fad to “Guile’s Theme Goes Everything” and it’s quite easy to understand.

Why don’t we let gi97ol handle the work?

May 11, 2013 at 11:16PM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

Why don’t we let gi97ol handle the work?

Should I? I am actually afraid, because I sometimes hate it, when Mona-sama says, that I’m useless for adding information… >_<

May 12, 2013 at 02:56PM EDT
Quote

Brian Gimao wrote:

Why don’t we let gi97ol handle the work?

I am actually ready to add some more information to the Japanese gay porno. Mona-sama only needs to confirm my editorship request and then I can begin!

May 12, 2013 at 03:00PM EDT
Quote

O HAI! You must login or signup first!